Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skydivingsiren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Drop Ceiling Lighting
    Hi there,
    My husband and I are moving into our in-law's house; they are going to renovate their suite in the basement where we will live while we await buying our own home. My question is, Which types of lighting look good and are a great alternative to fluorescent lighting in a drop ceiling? (I'm talking office or school-like drop ceiling). My father in law has bought these awful fluorescent lights and I'd like to present him with a practical and more aesthetically pleasing alternative- I don't care too much about the cost as I will pay for it all- but he's a stubborn guy so I'll have to impress him with a nice alternative!! And my main concern in that the alternative gives out enough light as it's kind of a dark space down there without a lot of extra space for floor lamps, etc. Thank you thank you to anyone who can help!! :o
    Lindsey
    Bluemm Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2007, 06:33 PM
    I like recessed "can" lights. They are available with many different colors and styles of trim rings which make them very suitable for just about any décor.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 09:38 PM
    I too find can lights effective and easy to install on a drop ceiling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspended Ceiling / Recessed lighting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a "problem" suspended ceiling. I bought a house almost a year ago, and I knew that at some point the suspended ceiling in the basement would become a frustratiion. The finished room is about 10x21 feet. It is a USG ceiling with 2x4 USG ceiling tiles. The issue is that the ceiling is hung...

Recessed Lighting in a Suspened Ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am going to be putting a suspended ceiling in a basement rec room. I am going to hang the minimum 3" clearance to maximize head room. I want to put recessed lighting in the ceiling since I can not use florescent lighting with 3" hanging. The question is two fold: first, what is the distance...

Ceiling Fan lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new ceiling fan. Fan works fine, but the light will not work. Any suggestions?

Ceiling Fan Lighting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a light kit, all controlled via a remote. One night I went to turn on the light with the remote (ceiling fan running) as I have done many times and the light bulbs burned out. I replaced the bulbs and they won't work, but the fan works fine. I took apart the unit. I...

Ceiling Fan Lighting problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I have just installed a brand new Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The fan comes on but the light that is underneath doesn't. The wiring system that I had came with a male and female plugging unit. I matched up the colors on the plug but the light that is underneath the fan doesn't come on. Any...

View more questions Search