Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Dry Skin Honey Mask
    Why do so many dry skin mask preparations contain honey? How does it work?
    I can see why it would help acne, honey kills bacteria by causing them to burst when their water is sucked out by the high sugar, low water syrup (osmotic lysing).
    But how does it moisturise skin? Or does it just act as an exfoliate?
    I can't find an answer on Google - just sites telling me it's better to know what you put on your face rather than, 'some hard to pronounce chemical' at least I know how the chemicals work...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 15, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Honey contains natural antibiotics which can kill germs and heal the skin. It's also rich in vitamins and minerals, and will moisturize the skin. Some people prefer to use honey masks for the healing of dry skin.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Ahh, thank you, I didn't think about the vitamines or nutients at all. It's funny how sometimes you just can't see the answer even when it is right in front of you.

I just read that people are trying to isolate the antimicrobial compuonds at the moment Antimicrobial activity exhibited by bacteria isolated from honey. - Journal, Magazine, Article, Periodical. I have to say I find honey very scientifically interesting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry skin! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I have extremely extremely dry skin, it's so awful! I always get dry skin in the winter, and it's already started. My face is dry, cracked, rough, and flaky. I hate it! Last night I did a honey mask, and it did nothing. In the morning, I just rinse my face with warm water and then...

Skin is dry [ 2 Answers ]

My skin is dry I don't have any moisturizer.. what kind of moisturizer do I need to moisturize my face?and I have a pimples too.. I don't want to use moisturizer that that can ad up to my pimples.. please and thank u

Skin too dry [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My face gets too dry and flaky especially around the eyebrow area, I used all types of scrub but still the problem persists.I use nivea cream whilst going out. Although its not persistent, I have no idea why the problem occurs. Thanks

Dry Skin! [ 5 Answers ]

My skin is SO dry. I can put moisturizer and moisturizer and it will never be moisturized, it always is very dry and flaky. Plus, I have a pale and uneven complexion so I like to wear foundation to even it out. I can never find a good foundation that will work well with my dry skin. It always...

Dry Skin [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older female Dachsund and her skin tends to get extremely dry. What product would work to help keep her skin normal or what product should she take to help this problem. :)

View more questions Search