Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sleddinboi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Needle and seat
    Hey everyone... I have a problem with my carbs on my polaris xc 700, I have 39mm Keihin D-slide carbs and if I do not turn the gas valve to the off position when shutting the sled down, I flood the engine, sometimes being so bad that I must drain out the cylinders... I was wondering if this would be my needle and seat... and if so... how to change, and if they are expensive... any help would be greatly apreciated... thanks guys

John...
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Yes, and this could be caused by your float having fuel inside of it, holding it open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About the depo needle? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I used to be on the pill some time back for a few years but Always forgot to take it so I decided the best thing to do was go and get the needle I have been on it now nearly 9 months and I never got my period all that time apart from now. I'm fine with that but I've just seen on this site...

Clock needle [ 4 Answers ]

How clock’s needles transmit light at night?

Replacing needle and seat in yamaha yz80 [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, I had fuel leaking out of one of the outlet pipes on the carbi on my 1998 yamaha yz80, I was told by the guys at the store that I needed to replace the needle and seat to fix the problem, I have ordered in the replacement part from yamaha and am waiting for it to come in but I would like...

How do I replace a needle valve seat on a BS14 carb? [ 14 Answers ]

I have BS 14 HP with a float type carb. I know the needle is sticking and flooding the engine/ oil/ ground with gas! I have ordered the new needle valve and seat. My question is how do I get the seat out? Does anyone have any information about how to remove one? Help please... Mower parked in front...

How do I replace a needle valve seat on a BS 14? [ 3 Answers ]

I have BS 14 HP with a float type carb. I know the needle is sticking and flooding the engine/ oil/ ground with gas! I have ordered the new needle valve and seat. My question is how do I get the seat out? Does anyone have any information about how to remove one? Help please... Mower parked in...

View more questions Search