Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Randi27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Big or small gesture as a thank you gift?
    My boyfriend and I went out to dinner last week with another couple who recently moved in together. During the night, they mentioned how they had some extra stuff in their apartment they are looking to get rid of and asked me if I would like a TV and microwave. I told them that would be great and came by to pick up the items a few days later. My boyfriend thinks I should do something really nice to show my appreciation, since it’s a practically new TV (not a flat screen). He thinks taking them out to dinner or buying them a couple of bottles of wine is appropriate. I thought a small gesture, like baking them some brownies, is all that is necessary, especially because I recently lost my job and my finances are extremely tight right now. What is an appropriate show of appreciation in this situation?
    Str8cntryboy Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi27
    My boyfriend and I went out to dinner last week with another couple who recently moved in together. During the course of the night, they mentioned how they had some extra stuff in their apartment they are looking to get rid of and asked me if I would like a TV and microwave. I told them that would be great and came by to pick up the items a few days later. My boyfriend thinks I should do something really nice to show my appreciation, since it’s a practically new TV (not a flat screen). He thinks taking them out to dinner or buying them a couple of bottles of wine is appropriate. I thought a small gesture, like baking them some brownies, is all that is necessary, especially because I recently lost my job and my finances are extremely tight right now. What is an appropriate show of appreciation in this situation?
    I think the best thing to do is invite them over for dinner. You do not have to go all out just something simple. That way it shows your appreciation and you are not out a lot of money.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Inviting them over to dinner is a great idea! Maybe invite them over, make some of their favorite foods, and also mail them a nice thank you card. If money is tight, that is a great way to let them you appreciate them!
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Nov 15, 2007, 04:12 PM
    I'm with them ^
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Well personally I am always open for anyone to give me a bottle of good wine ( and maybe some home made bread)
    A /?? How many hundred dollar TV and a microwave, so a 20 or 30 dollar bottle of wine ? That seems like a small thank you gift to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DIY small gift/craft ideas [ 8 Answers ]

I will be leaving my company this Friday and wanted to make some small gifts for the ladies Im leaving behind. I have worked here for nearly 7 years, and have very close bonds to the 7 ladies in my team. Every Christmas I have always made a handcrafted gift for them, and I didn't want to let this...

Small Claims: Loan vs Gift [ 5 Answers ]

This Small Claims Trial will be held in Alabama: I recently had an ex-friend served for a loan of $500.00 that only carried a verbal agreement to repay (the agreement was made during the relationship, prior to making the loan). Prior to filing the summons an attorney was consulted and attempted...

Getting a big dog into a small car? [ 11 Answers ]

Hello! Well, I have wound up adopting a greyhound (not the first one I was thinking of... this one is an older black female named Trinkett, a bit more settled than the younger one I first met.) So far, things seem to be going OK. The cats are hiding in a closet, but I think that, with time,...

Small things can make big problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Swearing can affect children so they swear at school and they get the blame when the person they learn't it off so one tiny word like cauld affect nearnly the hole country Cause one person say's it some one else here's then it sometimes will never stop spead WHO INVENTED SWEARING:mad:...

In a big, BIG hole. Have small shovel. [ 1 Answers ]

I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were...

View more questions Search