Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cisco4networking Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Creating a forum on a web site !
    Hello every one,

I am trying to create or instal a forum on my web site but I have read lots of information and been given different guides and I am confused as a result because some time you are just given so much and don't know what to do or what to choose.

I do not have any knowledge of programing except some HTML skills.

I have a web site which supports MySQL and PHP, but what I am not clear about is what I will have to have in order to set a forum as this is the first time trying to have a forum on my site.

I would appreciate some one tells me the exact requirements for this forum, and also do I need a dedicated machine as a database for this forum ?

I tried using XAMPP on a Linux box but had a few problems with the installation steps and as a result I have decided to change it over to a windows now.

Thank you very much,

Nov 15, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

The problem is because those people who do not know anythign about creating forums just like myself and trying to creat one step by step and getting help and assistance from community like you unfortunately I have never found a clear and simple way for them but only confusing more and more.

It's easy to say do this or that for those who already know about them but for some one who does not when missing a simple step that's all over and getting lost.

The below example is the same question as mine in this forum and I found "AudioCourses which he has sent the sixth reply" is very clear and helpful but adding a little bit step by step of what you need what be much better.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/intern...forum-557.html

Thank you

Nov 17, 2007, 04:11 PM
    No Help at all?
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 22, 2007, 01:04 AM
    Are you trying to code your own forum or tie a forum like PHPbb or vBulletin to your website. There are free forums and pay forums, the free ones are looking much better visually because the pay ones look very nice too so they have to keep up images to get folks to use the free open source stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating a forum on a Webpage [ 5 Answers ]

I'm researching how to add a forum to a Webpage. The Webmaster is a volunteer and I don't expect him to know how to write the code necessary to create a forum. I'm guessing that the easiest way is to buy forum-creating software. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best and most economical...

Setting up web site and web shop [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys. Can anyone tell me the best way to set up a web site with web shop. I have looked online but overloaded with conflicting information. What things do I need and in what order?

Help creating a web site [ 6 Answers ]

My parents want to set up some web sites: one for my mothers artwork and another for my fathers archery but they want to do it for free. I am unsure of how to go about settting up one at all and they have put me in chargte of it! Please help, blusia:eek:

Creating a forum [ 16 Answers ]

HI, I'de like to create a forum for my new site. But but I don't know anything about it. Can someone hepl me? I only know the interface part. Thanks

View more questions Search