Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joandbitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Controlled Relationship, How do I get out?
    I'm 27 and have a 7 year old son. I have been in a relationship with a guy for 7 years. He conpletely controls me. I know I have to get out but I don't know how to. I work for him in his business and he controls the money I get, I get pocket money like a child and there is no way I can accrue ny savings.

Last year I had a break down and he gain residency of MY son because I was not able to cope, he forced me to sign the paperwork and now I can't get my son back as I don't know how to fight him with out the fear of death.

I am not allowed to have any friends, and have nobody that I can talk to about it, not even my family as my mother and him are friends, and she always takes his side.

Mentally I have pulled myself together now but just don't know how to get out.

Any advice welcome.

Please help.

If anyone else been in a simpilar situation, advice welcome, I need some hope xxxxx
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 05:20 AM
    You pack your bags, take your son and go to a woman's shelter. While there you will learn the tools to release yourself from bondage to this man. You really must take control of your life from now on.

I am surprised you are allowed to have a computer to join forums like ours.
    dataguneed Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Is he abusing you? Yea forget everyone don't let him control you if he hit you call the police or even fight him back and leave to a women shselter like tickle said
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dataguneed
    fight him back
    This is very dangerous advice coming from a 13 year old. Never ever fight an abuser back, that is just asking for more abuse.
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Nov 15, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Did you ever stop to think the only reason he is controlling is that he thinks you will do something he doesn't want you to do.. This does not excuse his controlling behaviour but sit back and think about WHY he is beingthat way. I mean he probably thinks you don't have enough respect for him and your relationship so the first chance your going to boogy. But he should have enough respect for you to let you have your own life. Mabe talk with him but if nothing changes then do what the others have said and stay strong.
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Nov 15, 2007, 09:54 AM
    No offense to the above poster, but this situation seems a little worse than you are thinking. First of all no one has the right to control another person like that. Even if he is doing it to stop her from leaving, that is a horrible and manipulative thing to do. I don't think she has to sit back and think about anything other than getting out of this relationship.

It probably feels like you are stuck in this situation, but I know there are groups out there that are around to help you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Yes, of course there are groups, as I said, women's shelters in any major centre in the US and Canada.

I think this lady is pretty well staid in her relationship and there are some that just go on complaining and do nothing and living with the abuse until something really horrendous happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat controlled by landlord [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a rental apartment in Bucks County, PA. Prior to my move, I was told by my new landlord that the landlord pays for the heat. I asked what the guidelines were around that. The landlord stated that even though they pay for the heat, the tenant has complete control over monitoring...

Rent controlled [ 1 Answers ]

Ballengerb1, What if an l.a. rent-control tenant doesn't have a lease and refuses to sign one? I suppose taking rent from the tenant creates a periodic rental agreement-- may a lessor give a 30/60 day notice to move out because the lessor doesn't want to renew the month-to-month? If this...

Controlled life [ 1 Answers ]

Hey this is jennifer and I am really depressed, I mean I have a cool family but my mom is so controlling... she is the best mom but she wants everything in her way sometimes I feel like she is trying to live her life through me. She wants my room to be decorated in her way, she wants me to wear the...

Temperature controlled light [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a light(red) that can come on when a room gets too hot?

View more questions Search