Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rina123abc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Staff infection
    Is it 100% guarantee that you can get a staff infection after you had a contact?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Some people are just carriers and do not know they have it. Being in the same room you most probably won't get it unless you come in direct contact with the bacteria.
    In the jail near where I live they have had inmates die from staph in the shower. All the inmates use the shower but only a small percentage get the staph.
    Antibiotic Resistance Web Site
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 11:47 PM
    It's staph, not "staff". There's a big problem in the U.S. with staph infections breaking out in nursing homes, hospitals, and now even schools, colleges, etc.

Everyone carries staph bacteria but for most it's harmless. Washing hands thoroughly, taking care of open wounds on arms, legs, and feet (even just scratches), and not sharing cups and glasses will prevent outbreaks. If you have a pimple or sore that won't heal, see your doctor about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helpdesk staff motivation [ 4 Answers ]

How can we improve and motivate our help desk staff?

Company Loans to staff [ 3 Answers ]

If a company loans money to it's employees what is the correct entry on the company books? Thanks

Snappy staff! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old staffordshire bull terrier, I got her as a rescue 3 months ago. The previous owner couldn't home her but had bred her excessively. I also have a male labrador and 5 children. Up until now the staffy has been fine but last night when my son was petting the labrador she went and...

I do have good looks, and 90% of staff is of males [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, This is Varsha from India, and I work in IT Company where I work as sales coordinator, not being a snob but I do have good looks, and 90% of staff is of Males.. They try to woo, but I decline indirectly or vice versa, this creates bad name for me, and every time my immediate...

Staff infection [ 1 Answers ]

Two years ago I had staph infection really bad. I was given a nose cream & the staff infection has gotten extremely better... but sometimes I get one every now & then... but they're small & I know the difference from a pimple & from a staff infection. My question is... will I always have these...

View more questions Search