Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauriendbarrett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Time line of child abandonment in Maryland
    If a father leaves the state where his child resides due to unforseen circumstances, but keeps in touch with his child and the childes mother through the telephone and letters on a biweekly basis, is there anyway the mother can file for abandonment by the father, and get the motion granted.
    Mylittlesunshyne Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 14, 2007, 07:36 PM
    If your husband is trying to call you, I don't see a problem, perhaps I could assist you more if you were to explain if the father was ignorant etc...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 08:08 PM
    If the mother goes to court and lies about it, of course anything can happen, so the father needs to keep a record of these calls, and of course pay his court ordered child support.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 07:02 AM
    By calling he is showing interest... he has not abandoned this child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 6 years old, her father stop coming to see her when she was just 2. He is now taking me to court to try to take custody from me:mad: . It was his choice to stop seeing her, I tried to keep things good for my daughters sake but he decided to stop seeing her, never sending no birthday...

Child abandonment in ny [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm hoping you can answer a couple questions for me. I live in ny and have 3 common children w. my husband. We have been separated by a restraining order I took out against him in feb. of '05. In family court he was given once a week supervised visitation. The last time he utilized his...

Child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

What is the time frame for an abandonment case can be started? What is the criteria?

Child Abandonment [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son who has spent a total of 30min with his biological father since I was 3 months pregnant. That was December 22, 2005. The father left me because he thought it was going to be a girl and he didn't want one. I called him when my son was a week old, as soon as we got out of...

View more questions Search