Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mylittlesunshyne Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 14, 2007, 06:46 PM
    E = MC ²!Theory of Relativity!
    Hello there, yes, I know I'm only 13, but I like tis sort of stuff, and classical music, your average nerd as they say... But According to Einsteins theory of relativity, someone

That's moving and someone that's stationary, both measure the speed of light passing

Them to be the SAME... But how can this be... gvin their different frames of reference?

Einstein said that the speed of light is constant. Let's discuss it here. I will post some REALLY COOL videos about it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Please be patient. People who are interested in this topic may not be online at the moment.
    Mylittlesunshyne Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 14, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Sorry what?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Please do not keep posting just to get your topic to the top of the board. People who may be interested in answering you may not be online, you have to give us time to answer. Sometimes it takes up to a day or more to get an answer/response.
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Nov 14, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Velocity of light has properties that are not of ordinary velocities.

1. Velocity of light is the maximum velocity possible in nature. It cannot be
    Exceeded.

2. Extension (length) and time are relative to the observer. Different observers
    Moving relatively to each other get different observations of these. All observations
    Have equal validity.

3. There is no such thing as "stationery", except RELATIVE to an observer.

All the above principles are involved in your paradox.

I don't think you can fully understand the reasoning until you have mastered mathematical
    Reasonings of the theory.

I SUGGEST YOU GO THROUGH: ABC of Relativity by Bertrand Russell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Special relativity [ 3 Answers ]

How long it takes a spaceship (proper time) to go to some planet 500 light years away from earth, if it moves with a speed 99.999% of the speed of light? maragos

Theory of Relativity [ 2 Answers ]

What is Relativity?

Relativity when it comes to God? [ 10 Answers ]

Maybe I will just sound ignorant in asking these things and show just how uneducated I am but how does relativity play into God? One way. One truth. One life. This is what I hear but then people start talking about something like music or churches or anything really and they say well this song is...

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search