Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Telephone conversation
    How to cool down an angry customers. Please list me down the full conversation
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Kill them with kindness...

Don't raise your voice or temper. Be overly nice, and hopefully they will realize they are over-reacting and will calm down.
    loujel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 05:27 PM
    What are the available list of phone ethics?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Use their name ( but it has to be pronounced properly)

Agree with them as much as you can.

Move from topic of anger to those that you can agree with first, then attempt to solve their problem, the reason a customer on the phone would be angry is that there is some problem, if you are not going to be able to fix that problem, you will not get them from being angry normally
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Nov 23, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Ok, I got this one. ;)
    I work at a bank- and people don't get angrier about ANYTHING more than they do about perceived problems with their money.
    Using their name is good- but don't over use it. Be natural.
    Tell them that you understand their frustration.
    Do what you can to help them- FOR REAL- no short cuts- not half-way attempts. If they have a real issue, fix it. Put yourself in their shoes.
    Emphasize what you CAN do rather than what you can't.
    Be personable, but professional.
    If you have more specific questions about this, ask. Situations, whatever... I'll help if I can.
    Phobos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 09:58 PM
    I think it depends on the situation, the customer and you.
    I worked for an internet provider, and I would normally get "bounced calls" which are calls from customers who called already, were told that the issue would be resolved in xxx time, and it has not been resolved.
    So they are angry. Add that to the time they spent waiting at the menu of the phone, waiting in queue and you get a very angry customer, yelling and demanding to get a supervisor on the phone.

The best way to calm them down is to totally ignore the snide remarks and the irritation on their voice. Go directly to the problem and solve it.
    Some times, little comments like: "Omg! They did that?! That's so... retarded! Here, let me fix that for you"
    Or: "Hum... It is actually impossible for us to do that, since *insert whatever reason*"

Dealing with the customer like you would like your loved one's to be treated is the fastest way to turn a frown into a smile, and then a giggle.

9 out of 10 customer demanding a supervisor left my phone without talking to one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conversation with guys [ 9 Answers ]

How do I just go up to a guy and start talking? I'm shy and not really sure how to start a conversation.

What does our conversation mean? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 years and I broke up with him 3 years ago because I was insecure. We went a year without speaking and over two years without seeing each other. Since then I have seen him a few times (lunch, hang out) usually his idea. Last week he called and asked if I wanted to go to...

Simple conversation [ 5 Answers ]

I SUCK AT IT! Unless there is a topic (silly or serious) I have a hard time holding a conversation. An example is when somebody comes and sits by me while I'm eating breakfast and says "what's up?". They don't always want a conversation but when they do what do I say other than "nothing, how did...

Conversation I Had Recently: [ 2 Answers ]

I was chatting with a woman at my job the other day... We're bsing about this and that when for some reason she changes her mind over a trivial matter. We laugh and she says, out of the blue, "This is how you know a woman's mind is never dirty." "How's that?" I ask. "Because we change it...

How to initiate a conversation [ 12 Answers ]

I need a little advice and some opinions on this matter. I have been single for almost 5 months now, and although I am enjoying being single and recovering from a very serious relationship and difficult breakup, there are times I will see or meet a guy that I want to talk to, and maybe see where...

View more questions Search