Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    64sfavoritegirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 02:48 PM
    My baby won't eat
    My 6 week old chow won't eat. She is whining but drinking. This is breaking my heart what can I do? Please help
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 03:26 PM
    It may just be a new home for a barely old enough puppy. Read through the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post254171
    And post back with more details.
    DogLover62 Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Try talking to the vet or switching the brand of food your using it may not like the food.

DogLover62
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
    No, changing the food is exactly the wrong thing to do. Unfortunately for now, I can't give the same bad advice another reddie.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
    64sfav, please do not switch food & at this point in time, if you have just brought the puppy into your home, labman is correct. Puppies and dogs are creatures of habit. Your new pup was suddenly deposited into a new environment. She is scared and unsure of what is going on. As long as she is drinking water, she should be okay. Keep her on the same food she was eating prior to coming into your home. Don't hover over her dish and try not to get yourself worked into a nervous state. Dogs feed off our emotions. Just put the dish down and walk away. When she is hungry enough she should eat. If she is just picking at it, that is a good sign. If she hasn't eaten anything for more than a day, you might want to try soaking her kibble in a little warm water to soften the food and create a gravy. Please post back and let us know how she is doing.
    DogLover62 Posts: 34, Reputation: -1

Nov 20, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Oh, sorry for the wrong advice I'm not an expert.

If you have no special knowledge of the area, please quit wasting people time digging up old questions. Labman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My baby chick won't eat [ 6 Answers ]

Hi our chicken became a pround mum on the 11th of this month to 3 healthy chicks. Yesterday Sat in the morning I went to feed and water them and I found one laid on the floor as though she was dying So I took her indoors and made an incubator for her and drip fed water to her every half an hour...

5 year old won't eat [ 11 Answers ]

OK well she will eat but not proper meals like chicken or beef, she won't touch potatoes unless they are chips or crisps. She does eat yoghurts and some fruit, bread and ham but that is it and it is driving me crazy. I know not to get mad as that won't solve anything but how do I get her to...

Puppy won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I got a new puppy and now my older dog who is one won't eat what should I do to get him to eat??

View more questions Search