Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stylus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Canada US Credit Card Debt and Collections Agencies
    I am a Canadian living in the US. I have approx. 32K in credit card debt. The job I have does not pay anything close to what I was making in Canada and for the last 9 months have been unable to pay the minimum on these 2 credit cards. I am getting unrelenting calls from a Canadian Collections agency. They are saying that they are going to suggest my bank take legal action.

I don't know what to do, I continue to get these calls she is saying that they want all the money NOW... I am unable to do that... I don't know what to say or do. Now this debt consumes so much of my thoughts.

I don't know what to do... I'm scared.

Help!
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Nov 14, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Have you considered bankcruptcy?

I'm sure Scottgem will see this post and have a well intelligent answer than mine:D
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Try contacting a credit counseling service or even talking with the creditors instead of waiting for them to harass you and see if you can make some better arrangements.
    stylus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 09:06 PM
    I did try a credit counseling service, they did suggest a consumer proposal. This seems like a viable alternative to bankcruptcy. Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 16, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Just make sure they are reputable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

Credit card debt in collections [ 10 Answers ]

OK... this question may have already been asked, but forgive me I am new to this site and also I would like an opinion on my own situation not someone else's... lol Ok so I have a credit card debt of $684.00 and has now been turned over to collections. Now I have heard some people say I should...

Disputing the credit card collections validity [ 11 Answers ]

One last credit card to clear up. I have 2 weeks left to answer in writing before they proceed to place judgement. I want to dispute it because I am not clear this law firm really ownes the debt or has an original contract. When I asked the attorney on the phone to produce proof that...

View more questions Search