Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TINGOTALANGO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 07:43 AM
    10 day old abandoned kitten has no bowel movement in 2 days
    We have taken in a 10 day old kitten abandoned by his mother. We have been feeding him kitten milk (ready to use) KMR for the past few days and he is warm, happy, and all around comfortable. He has urinated regularly, but has had no bowel movements in the past two days. I have read comments about KMR, adding a few drops of Karo, etc, but the comments were for kittens much older than this one that has spent days 9 and 10 with us. Should we be worried? And What could we do to help the little guy?
    Thank you,
    Tom
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Orphaned Kittens ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc. scroll down the page there is a paragraph that deals with getting the kitten to poop. Also if that fails I would try the corn syrup... if that doesn't work in a couple of hours I would take it to the vet. Because it will surely die if it doesn't have a bm. Also you should soon be able to start offering it some moistened dry kitten food. Read that article as well. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bowel Movement is too hard [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is 13 years old. She is having a hard with getting rid of her bowel movement so she drags her behind. What can I do to help her?

Movement every 3 days [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently 18 weeks 5 days pregnant and I am consistently feeling movement about ever 3 days. I feel the baby move about 3 or so times a day on the days I do feel movement. I know some woman do not feel anything till 20 weeks; however, I wonder is it normal for me to feel movement and then feel...

My step-daughter has bowel movement "accidents" [ 13 Answers ]

My step-daughter, age 12, has had a problem with going to the bathroom in her underwear for about 5 years. Her dad and I married in 2004 and she lives with us 50 percent of the time. She claims it is an "accident" but I know it is not an accident. My concern is I feel it is psychological. My...

Bowel movement [ 3 Answers ]

Lately, but very sporatically, my bowel movements have been almost pure liquid. I don't think it is diarrhea because it is very random, and only happens once then stops. This is gross, but as soon as I go to the bathroom, it just comes out. I didn't know if it was just my digestive system being...

View more questions Search