Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwillie9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Sharing an usb printer on LAN
    How how do I share my usb printer on a LAN network of 20 compurets?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 07:33 AM
    You can use "Windows Printer Sharing" that's built into Windows, but your computer must be on for anybody to print. Search and you should get plenty of answers.

You can use a "Printserver". There is one in the URL below.

-or-

You can use a generic USB serial server. This can also share scanners and USB disk drives too. One model supports 2 connectors and 4 ports and the other 4 connectors and 8 ports. A combi printer/scanner would contain 2 devices with 1 port.

Keyspan | Products | USB Products

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharing of usb port computer in win98 [ 1 Answers ]

I have connected a hp1160 printer on usb port using win98 which is shared by other users on win98. My problem is that this printer is becoming offline automatically if it is idle for 10 minutes. Then you have to restart the computer to make it online. Suggest how I can solve this problem ...

How do sharing file and printer [ 2 Answers ]

Hoe do share/sharing file and printer.

Lan To Lan Internet Sharing Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Tnx for reading.. hope you can help me.. here is my question with all the information I can think.. I have 2 computers I'm using windows XP SP2 I don't have any router or switch My 1st computer have an internet connection with 2 lancards My 2nd computer have no internet connection with...

USB Printer on LAN [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a USB printer whivh connects direct to a PC, is there any way to cuople it to the ethernet LAN so it can be used by all PC'S on the LAN? If so what kind of adaptor / software would I need Many thanks in anticipation Lucas

About sharing processor resources in LAN [ 1 Answers ]

Heloo I have 2 Desktop PC connected to each other by lan and MS networking. Can any body help : How I can share the processor resources so that when I am using one PC, Other PC's processor resource being utilised. Is it possible Thanks Dr. Rao

View more questions Search