Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aksarben Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Am I too young to even think about marriage?
    Hello. I am eighteen and I am really confused about how I feel for my boyfriend. I know that I am extremely young to even be having seriuos thoughts; however, I really feel as if I have found the right one. I think my boyfriend coud be the man that I spend the rest of my life with. We have been dating for two years and we are very comfortable with each other. I have never wanted to get married until I was at least twenty-eight or so, but our relationship is stronger than I could have imagined. There are plenty of college kids getting married that don't have the relationship that my boyfriend and I have. I know we won't get married but I have a few questions to ask you:
    1. should I continue to stay with my boyfriend and simply wait until we're older?
    Or
    2. should I date other guys, just to see if I have a similar connection? (I believe that if we are meant to be together, we will be together in the end.)
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 09:12 PM
    I say stick it out, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but if it's good, why mess it up?

Obviously that's just my opinion though.
    Kutie20 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 13, 2007, 10:30 PM
    I will tell you I was married when I was 18. I have been married for just over 2 years now. I do not think you are too young to be thinking about marriage at all. I think it is a good thing. I think if you think you and your boyfriend are ready then you need to discuss it. Make a plan
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 10:33 PM
    I agree with Kutie, if you really want to get married and you have discussed it thoroughly and THOUGHT IT THROUGH very well, then your decision should be a good decision, whatever way you choose.
    theracer Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I agree if your relationship is good, then don't mess it up.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Nov 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
    If you are right for each other when does it matter when you get married. If you have any question on if your too young why not wait?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Ak,

Let's see, let me count the reasons not to marry at 18.

My wife and I eloped to Maryland when we were 18. Bonnie called me up and asked me what I was doing that weekend and if I wanted to marry her. I said sure, what the hell.

That is the Gospel truth of our total preparation for marriage. The date was July 10, 1965.

We have been married 42 years now and I still blessed that this lady and I chose each other.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 20, 2007, 04:07 PM
    There is no perfect age to get married. I don't think anyone can predict what age they will be when they will decide to get married like you said "28." If it happens when you are young than it happens when you are young, and if you don't find the right person until you are 40 than so be it. If you think you found the person for you than go for it. I am 20 years old, and I just got married 6 months ago, and it was the best decision I've ever made. So go for it!!
    carly381 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Answer To Number One... Yes Definitely Wait Till Your Older I Know How It Feels Being Madly in love and thinking about marriage early.

Answer to number two... no stick with the guy your with if you think you will spend te rest of your lives together he's probably the one !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young marriage? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. I have seen this question on here a few times, so Im sorry about this, but I just need some advice. Im stressing out... okay... Im 19 years old, in University, pursuing a goal... my fiancé is 25 years old, finishing his grade 12 then going to college. He has a criminal record, and has just...

Is 20 too young for Marriage? [ 30 Answers ]

I've been going out with my girlfriend for about 3 months, and we're pretty serious. I know it's cliché, but I've never felt this way about a girl before, and she's said the same to me. We both said 'those three words' to each other about a month in, and now we're talking about marriage and...

Marriage at a young age [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Mmm...I need some help with a school homework about marriage. This is a survey I need to do...here are the questions: 1. For you, what is marriage? 2. At what age would you like to get married? Why? 3. What do you think is better for you: living together without any comittment or getting...

Young marriage in trouble [ 9 Answers ]

I was 18 when I had my daughter and was married a few weeks later. My husband has just told me that he likes someone he works with. I went through the same thing myself but got over it quickly. He is having a harder time and has told me he doesn't want to be with me. We have been together 4 years...

Young rocky marriage [ 4 Answers ]

When I was 18 I got married. Right before the wedding things were up and down mostly I thought because of the stress of the wedding and dealing with family, etc. they were just little arguments nothing major. We moved in next door to my husbands parents because they gave us a piece of land. Things...

View more questions Search