Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 08:51 PM
    Microwave safety
    Is it safe to defrost food in plastic containers? I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah say that plastics should not be used in the micro to cook foods, to use glass.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 09:13 PM
    I don't know if it's safe or not, but it's gross and ruins your plastic containers and makes your food taste a little funny, so I wouldn't do it. Plastic can melt and ruin your food and your microwave.
    myfreezer Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Is it safe to defrost food in plastic containers? I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah say that plastics should not be used in the micro to cook foods, to use glass.
    It is better to use glass. Some containers are microwave safe but they are listed as such. I would check also what it is made of. If there is a 7 in a triangle do not use it it is not microwave safe
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2007, 01:22 PM
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to myfreezer again.

ALSO very helpful, though. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Environmentalism vs. Safety [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I recently heard about a report (I have not seen the actual report yet) which claimed the following: As environmental concerns come to the forefront of people's minds, people are choosing to drive smaller cars because those smaller cars are more gas-efficient and...

Internet safety [ 13 Answers ]

An earlier question was posted by another member, but not actually answered. The question was: Can I access the computer of someone I am chatting with on the web? The answers all dealt with how bad (and illegal) it was to to that. So I would like to know if it is possible for someone I am...

Turn not in safety? [ 4 Answers ]

The following is a summary of my accident and charge. If anyone has any advice (other then calling X-Coppers which I have already done) I would appreciate it. Be it insurance rates and companies that re reasonable or be it techincalities. This is my charge: A fine of 110$ and 2 points. ...

Safety training [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure of the category this should fall into. I am a safety trainer. In December I want to use defensive driving as my topic. I have a plan and several handouts. Does anyone know where I can get a free video or downloadable video that is graphic such as is used in drivers ed?:rolleyes:...

View more questions Search