Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2003, 12:02 AM
    Dua4ch amp int a dual voice coil sub
    I need help
    I have a 10 inch sub with 2 4ohm voice coils
    I want to power it with this 4ch planet audio p-475 amp
    I heard you need to run both coils on the sub, I don't want to run it at 8ohms with one of the briged channels. The amp is only 2 ohm stereo stable and 4 ohm mono stable. What I want to do is run a briged channel to each of the voice coils. Now I heard that this is a delicate process because if they are not in sink, the two voice coils will fight each other.

Now my question to you is I guess, How do I sink both brigged channels? Is there another solution? How perfect do they have to be?

Much appreciated

Mike
    knuck309 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2003, 08:54 PM
    dua4ch amp int a dual voice coil sub
    Just make sure that the wires from the amp to the coils are the same length, and that you don't have any fade between the left and right, and you'll be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Size of A Coil for AC [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Guys I want to buy an AC 2 ton but I have a fairly large air plenum on my furnace about 20 by 22 inches and any AC’s that I have looked at come with a smaller A Coil so if I used this it would greatly reduce my air flow. The A Coil looks like it is meant for a furnace in an apartment size...

98 F-150 coil packs [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently purchased a 98 F-150 5.4L. When I test drove it it had no power and the engine studdered violently. When they repaired the truck they told me it was bad coil packs causing missfires. 10 days ago I picked the truck up running smooth and strong. Then yesterday it just started doing it...

View more questions Search