Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    husker02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Eliminate odor under part of wood floor
    We recently replaced the carpet in one room with an engineered wood floor. We have been experiencing an odor similar to coffee coming from the sub-floor in a small area by the steps. Quite some time ago, my grandson spilled part of a cup of coffee on the carpet by the steps. We did shampoo the steps but appears the liquid went into the sub-floor and we neglected to treat the area before the new floor was put on. How can I get rid of the odor?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Rug Doctor sells a pet oder eliminator.

I have actually mopped it on to sub floors and my new dog didn't 'mark his territory' after I did this, you know that it's a good product if a dog can't smell another dogs smells.

Liquid may or may not hurt the new flooring you have, try it in an inconspicuous area first!

KBC
    husker02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Comment on KBC's post
    It is an option. I can check out the liquid and limitations of my wood to see if liquid is compatible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septic odor backup from first floor shower drain [ 9 Answers ]

There is a terrible septic odor increasing daily in my shower drain for the past week. Prior to this, I have never had an odor from this or any other drain in this five year old house. I do know that the closest entry point to my septic system is this first floor shower. One time a few years ago,...

Replacing rotten wood floor foundation [ 16 Answers ]

We have an old cabin which we need to repair. Under existing bylaws we would not be able to replace this cabin in its existing waterfront location so repair is the only option. Originally the cabin sat 1 foot above ground on cement pads. Over the years the cabin sunk into the ground which has...

Spouse outside US for part and in US for part of the year - file single or joint ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been working in the US (RI) since Aug 2006. My wife has been living and working in India all this time. However, in Aug 2007, she came to the US (CA) on an independent work visa. For financial year 2007, would it be beneficial / correct for us to file taxes individually or jointly...

Eliminate floor bounce [ 8 Answers ]

The first floor of my 30 year old two story house consists of 5/8 inch plywood on 2 by 8 joists every 12 inches. When I walk around the living room or dining room the glasses etc in the china hutch or bar rattle because the floor is so bouncy. I tried correcting the situation by gluing and...

Bad Odor in Attic/Third Floor [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I assumed one of our cats "sprayed" upstairs in our third floor bathroom (converted attic). The smell has come back after two full floor washings with enzyme remover. The smell seems to be strongest under the bathroom sink. When we checked the adjoining kitchenette, it seems to...

View more questions Search