Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 13, 2007, 06:50 PM
    Are all "dualie" trucks 4 wheel drive?
    I know some "dualie" trucks are 4 wheel drive but are all dualies 4 wheel drive? Is there a definitive way to determine if a vehicle is a dualie without seeing the 4 wheels on the back, i.e. such as 3500, etc.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBondMan
    I know some "dualie" trucks are 4 wheel drive but are all dualies 4 wheel drive?
    No.

To be a dualie, there are "Dual's", i.e.: four across the back axle.

But that doesn't really make it a 4WD.

Yes, four tires on dualies are driven: the four on the rear.

But the more common reference to "4 Wheel Drive" is to have the rear axle driven AND that the front axle be driven as well, through a transfer case on the vehicle's transmission.

Is there a definitive way to determine if a vehicle is a dualie without seeing the 4 wheels on the back, i.e. such as 3500, etc.
    If you don't see four on the rear axle, unless one fell off, it's not a dualie!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro's & Con's of "Compress drive to save disk space" [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a question about "Compress drive to save disk space" checkbox that's located in the general tab of the Local Disk properties. I just discovered this feature and decided to save some disk on my laptop but when I applied this feature. A progress bar dialog box appeared and...

91 Honda Accord "stuck" In Sports Drive [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A 1991 Honda Accord. Over the last month or so, it will put itself Into "sports Drive." The "S" light on the dash goes on, and it switches to this drive, which revs at higher RPMs. It Seems Like This Might Be Some Kind Of Protective Mechanism By The Car. Sometimes I Can Get It Back...

What I want to do if "local disk drive c" opens automatically [ 3 Answers ]

Hi; When I am log in to my computer each time my "local disk drive c" is opening automatically.what I want to do stop opening of drive.

WinXP NTFS formatted hard drive is "unallocated" [ 8 Answers ]

Howdy. I recently purchased a 500gb hard drive, hooked it up as the master (cable select on, plugged to end of IDE cable) drive on the secondary IDE channel of the motherboard then initialized and formatted it in WinXP SP2. Once this was done, the drive was recognized as "healthy, working" in...

External HDD Error "Insert A Disk Into Drive" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a WD HDD installed into an external case. When I plug it into a USB port, a drive letter appears in "System Hardware", and it says the driver is OK and the device is working properly. It even gives me the model number of the WD drive! Driver Agent even confirms that the driver is OK. ...

View more questions Search