Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oreo630 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2007, 04:34 PM
    My mom cheated on my dad
    I think my mom cheated on my dad because I read some of her texts! And omg she was flirting wit this dude dats my dads ''BEST FREND'' and omg I need help what should I do? I'm so sad... im only 13 and its very fustrating 2 see that.. he evn sent my mom a pic of his "unit" if you know what I mean. HELP!
    supertrucker82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oreo630
    i think my mom cheated on my dad because i read some of her txts! and omg she wuz flirting wit dis dude dats my dads ''BEST FREND'' and omg i need help wat shud i do?! im so sad...im only 13 and its very fustrating 2 see dat..he evn sent my mom a pic of his "unit" if u kno wat i mean. HELP!
    You need to tell your Mom You know and that you are going to inform your dad. That is only way, but give your mom her dime first.
    ashleynbrett88 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
    i think my mom cheated on my dad because i read some of her txts! and omg she wuz flirting wit dis dude dats my dads ''BEST FREND'' and omg i need help wat shud i do?! im so sad...im only 13 and its very fustrating 2 see dat..he evn sent my mom a pic of his "unit" if u kno wat i mean. HELP!
    Make sure you like get those texts or find some proof.. and then let your mom know that you know.. tell her to tell him herself and if she doesn't then you tell him.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 05:07 PM
    You are 13?
    I suggest talking to another trustable adult.Grandparents or even aunts,uncles, in your family, whom you could trust?

Do you have older siblings?

Please do not take any action by yourself, I would suggest getting help from another adult to try to help your parents find a solution to their problem.
    You do not have to take responsibility for your parents actions nor do you need to get involved in their problems alone.
    An adult will be able to help your parents more than you could do by yourself.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 13, 2007, 05:17 PM
    I know exactly how you are felling. I am 20 years old, but when I was 10 my mom started cheating on my dad at our home when my dad was at work. Even when me and my brothers were home. She would lie to us and tell us her boss was coming over for a meeting and that we had to go to bed (way early in the evening). Me and one of my brothers would spy on them, and seen that it wasn't her boss, but some guy we didn't know. We even caught them making out many times in our living room. My mom didn't know that we knew and we kept it a secret for about a year until I couldn't keep it a secret anymore. When I was 11 years old I had to tell my dad that my mom was cheating on him. It was the first time I had to ever see my dad cry. He was histerical. It was hard on the whole family, my parents ended up getting a divorce. I am glad that I told my dad the truth, and I wouldn't change that decision. I think it would be the right thing for you to do to. Your father has the right to know, after all that is his wife!
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
    I agree with firmy here! It's best to let another adult handle this adult situation. There is no reason that you should have to be in the middle of this. Take firms advice!
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

Nov 15, 2007, 02:10 AM
    You tell your mum (sorry I'm using Australian spelling) that if there's anything going on you know about it. Let her tell you first before you racing ahead. Maybe your dad's friend was just getting some advice or something.

Anyway you should tell your mum why she got married to your dad in the first place...
    oreo630 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Srry people there was a BIG MISUNDERSTANDIN! My mom wasn't cheatin! Lol srry! MY BAD!
    REALadvice1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 10:40 PM
    Hey kid listen very carfully I'm a give you real advice, first tell your mom you know what the is going on and have evidence when you teell her, then you need to black-mail her. Your mom will be so scared of you dad finding out that shell buy you what ever you want \
    \ that way you can get what ever you want a ps3 xbox go to disney world new clothes like that what ever you like you know what I'm saying because make her do what ever you want and if she don't -- then tell your dad --
    Thrust me you isn't got to worry about nothing because your mom is grown and she's knows what she doing and you will get what ever you want from her
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 6, 2009, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oreo630 View Post
    srry ppl ther was a BIG MISUNDERSTANDIN! my mom wasnt cheatin! lol srry! MY BAD!
    Hmmm... I wonder how you could have got the facts wrong when you saw a picture of the unit? Was it your Dad's unit? Was that the excuse? It's not likely that it's your Dad's unit as your mom has free access to it.

Well I am glad you think it's a misunderstanding, it certainly seems to have put your mind at ease and that's the important thing here as your parents can work out any issues they might have and you can stay out of the middle of it.
    cristian741 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 08:22 AM

I was playing a game on my moms fhone and I don't know how but it tooked me to her texmessages and it said I can't wait to for you to come over and it was the sames guy and one said I love you butiful and my mom is really prity but I don't think he likes her I think he just wants to have kids with her that's hw a lot of guys are now and I'm only 12 but she says she is not cheating but I don't beleve her if I find out she is liying I'm going to live with my dad and never talk to her again the always say I love you I miss youi can't live my life anymore we uce to be one big happy family and my mom had to ruin it mfor another man I know she's cheating
    cristian741 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 08:24 AM

And I'm scared to tell her I know your cheating
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2009, 10:06 AM

I don't think he likes her I think he just wants to have kids with her that's hw a lot of guys are now
    Ok WOW, you have a very skewed view of people there girl...

This thread is from 2007, if you have an issue you would like to talk about please start your own thread about it.
    SOAD01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 09:22 PM

My god I know how you feel, I found out my mom was cheating on my dad last year, I knew WAY too much. His name, where he works etc. And I still couldn't tell my dad. For 6 months I lived with so much guilt. Then finally, I don't know how it happened, my dad found out. They've stayed together since then but fight all the time.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Mar 27, 2010, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SOAD01 View Post
    my god i know how u feel, I found out my mom was cheating on my dad last year, I knew WAY too much. His name, where he works etc. And i still couldn't tell my dad. for 6 months i lived with so much guilt. Then finally, idk how it happened, my dad found out. They've stayed together since then but fight all the time.
    Things can work out only if they try something different. They only know what they know, and until they find a different way of coming at their problems the same cycle will continue until they split. Of course counseling would be a good choice, but if they can't afford that I recommend the following books.

"His needs, Her needs" and "Love Busters" by someone named with the last name like Hardey (can't remember exactly).

Good luck to you and your parents.
    natarakiak Posts: 15, Reputation: -4

Dec 15, 2010, 06:25 AM
    Your dad needs to know this one! Get help with people who are close with your dad and mom.The one who really cares!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wants to live with mom but dad says no [ 6 Answers ]

My dad has custody of me and I hate it. Me and my dad do not get along at all we fuss and fight every single day. I want to go and live with my mom but every time I bring it up he always gets mad and starts bad mouthing my mom. I ask to please let me go and live with my mom and he says well to bad...

Mom and dad tensions [ 2 Answers ]

I am 16. My dad is bipolar. He had an outbreak before the summer and went to the hospital, but everything (for the most part) got better. Today when he got home from work, he told me that my mom told him "to leave and never come back" a few days ago. He swore at me when I got home today....

Props to my mom&dad who won't ever see this :) [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to give my mom props... I think he is an excellent mother,. she is really hard on herslef though and is like man I suck at being a mom... but she is wrong. She is so supportive and loving and understainding and always tries to help us out in any way she can. This is also to all the other...

Mom and dad. [ 2 Answers ]

See my mom and dad are "divorced." But they are not legally divorced. So he is not paying child support. So life sucks right now. If my mom and dad do get divored... Is it a court deal? Or is it just papers and done?

Mom and dad divorced at birth [ 1 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and live in Iowa my mom and dad divorced when I was born and I haven't met my mom ever. My mom recently found me and we've been talking secretly from my father. My father is not very fond of her and says he doesn't want me talking to her. I want to visit my mom but if I asked my...

View more questions Search