Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ok2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Toilet flange level for installation
    I am installing a toilet in new construction where the flange is set at the subfloor level and slightly below (about 3/8") the level of the hardwood flooring. Does the flange have to be raised to the level of the finished floor? If so, how?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Nov 13, 2007, 03:51 PM
    It doesn't have to be, but it helps. You can install a wax ring (with flange), then add a wax ring without a flange on top. This will make up the space difference.

XenoSapien
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 13, 2007, 03:55 PM
    If you will look under a toilet bowl you will see a horn about 3 or 4 inches long. This horn extends below the floor line and guides the discharge into the closet bend past the floor and the flange. Your flange should be OK but if you're concerned use a wax ring with a funnel. Good luck, tom
    tommytman Posts: 153, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2007, 07:49 PM
    3/8 inch isn't too bad. You can buy an extra thick wax ring with the funnel Tom was talking about. Did you anchor your flange to the subfloor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete slab:Toilet flange below floor level [ 4 Answers ]

I am Installing a hardwood floor on a concrete slab. In order for that type of installation I will need to build up the sub-floor with 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor. I am installing this in the bathroom. The flange of for the toilet will be about an 1" below the floor level. How do I...

Toilet flange above floor level [ 56 Answers ]

I've seen plenty about the opposite problem - maybe this is something less common: my toilet flange is above the anticipated floor level. I recently removed old tile from the bathroom floor, planning to install new tile. In so doing, I discovered that the old tile was set on about 3 inches of...

My toilet flange is too high and not level [ 15 Answers ]

Yes yes.. I'm a rookie. OK... Just wondering what I can do with my toilet flange. After I installed it I realize that the flange is about 1/4" higher than the floor and it is tilted to one side. Do you think an extra thick wax ring will allow me to level out my toilet AND compress it...

Toilet flange installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a new bathroom in the basement that was rough in by the plumber. I have a cast iron pipe for the toilet rough in. What do I use to cut the cast iron pipe to the correct height, and what is the correct height. I am also installing ceramic tile to the floor. Do I install the flange on...

Toilet flange below the floor level- URGENT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I just quickly reviewed all postings here trying to see if I can find an anwer to my question, but some things are too difficult for me to understand, as I am not familiar with the whole subject. I hired a plumber to install a new toilet in half a bath in the basement. The old toilet...

View more questions Search