Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Nov 13, 2007, 01:56 PM
    About growing my roots out
    I have naturally medium blonde hair, but I have been dying/highlighting my hair ever since I was like 13 years old (and I'll be 20 in a month). Now I want my hair its original color because I'm tired of the damage it has caused and how much money I have to dish out every time I want to get it done. Last time I did anything to my hair was back towards the end of July. If you can see my display picture, I had it dyed a dark brown with a lot of highlights. Now all of the darkness has came out of my hair and it is light blonde again. My roots have grown out a little over 2 inches.

There's a few things I want to know:

1.) How long does it normally take to completely grow out roots?
    2.) Is there anything I can do to the really light blonde part so it doesn't look so horrible?
    3.) If I get regular hair cuts will my hair grow faster? My hair goes down slightly past my shoulders.. should I keep it short while its growing out?
    4.) Do you all think it looks gross if a girl grows her roots out? I just feel like I look gross.

Thank you for reading this.. any advice will be appreciated.. even if you can't answer all of the questions.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 13, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Hair grows 1/2 inch per month which is about 6 inches per year. Cutting your hair will not make it grow faster, it's just a myth. Your current hair color is only one level lighter than your natural color. You can use a medium blonde hair color to tone down the color. If the color doesn't hold, you will need to go to a salon and have a "tint-back" process done. A tint-back is when a stylist attempts to match your natural hair color as close as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Growing apart [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I got married really young. We got married when I was nineteen. He is the only man that I have ever been with. Over the past couple of years I have become a different person. I have started to question everything including my marriage. I love my husband but do not think that I am in love...

Growing up [ 5 Answers ]

Seeing my 11-year-old son perusing a website filled with photos Of Britney Spears, I commented, "She certainly is pretty. Which picture do you like best?" "I don't know," he mumbled, embarrassed by his newfound interest In girls. "I'm just reading about her." I came closer and peered...

Will I keep growing? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had my period for about a year and I wanted to know if I'm still growing. I'm 12. I heard that after I had my period I would have 2 years to grow but I'm not sure.

Am I growing? [ 33 Answers ]

Ok, here is the deal: I have been married for 11 years, I love my husband and my 4 kids. I am changing mentally, from what I used to believe to what I believe to day. My husband is a strong republican, so I was one too. I can't say that I disagree with him entirely, but my views on politics...

View more questions Search