Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fmasters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 12:35 PM
    My very small children have found my boyfriends POT PIPES!
    What do I do, he knows how much I hate it and its very clear to him I don't want it in the house with our kids and it like he doesn't matter to him what I think. I am thinking of giving him an ultimadum, of keeping us or keeping his pot. I don't know what else to do. I don't want my kids to grow up with a dad that is out of it all the time. To verify its not like he takes a hit every now and again, he's literally out of it all the time.

I am scared he's going to chose his addiction over his family!:(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 12:44 PM
    If he does choose the addiction over the family it shows how much you mean to him. Even though they say it is hard to give up an addiction it can be done IF he has his priorities in perspective. Give him an ultimatum but be prepared to stick to it no matter which way he goes. I know MANY guys that say that their dad had them hooked on pot by the time they were 10, 11, 12, or 13 some even younger. Also, even if he would never do that kids nowadays are picking up on an idea (from Politically Correct people) that if mom or dad do it then I can too.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 13, 2007, 01:00 PM
    I agree with NOhelp4u. If he really cares, he will get help for himself and kick the addiction. You can't have your kids growing up to think that it's OK to use drugs. It could also be a dangerous situation for them. If they go to school talking about how dad smokes something and hides his pipes, next thing you know social services could be knocking on your door, even though you yourself are sober. Not to mention the fact that it might tempt them to try drugs once they get older. If he does choose his addiction over you, then as hard as that will be for you, at least you will know where his priorities are. You can't make someone get help for an addiction until they are willing to acknowledge that it is a problem. But you can make your home a drug free zone for your kids to grow up in. Worst case senario, if he does loose his relationship with you over this, maybe it will be a wake-up call to him. Sometimes it takes that for someone to realize that they need help. Good luck to you and I hope everything works out!
    jasondbel Posts: 165, Reputation: -6

Nov 14, 2007, 12:17 PM
    First of all did he just start smoking pot or was he smoking pot when you met him? There does get to be a certain age where pot isn't cool anymore where one should outgrow it then again the question is "who doesnt smoke pot?" Very rarely have I come across someone who does not smoke pot. Its incredible. The grass is always greener on the other side. Thank god he is not a crack addict or a drunk or a heroin addict. The media has been champaining pot since TV was invented. Just because the parents have done drugs and for you to seriously be on the kids about drugs DOES NOT MAKE ONE A HIPPOCRATE. It is the parents duty to stay on their child's butts about the effects of drugs. If you were to leave your husband, leave him for his ignorance of leaving paraphanalia around let his kids see. That is criminal.
    Mylittlesunshyne Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
    That's absoutely not HOW YOU APPROACH AN ADDICT! They can't stop right away, excuse me for saying, but I'm only 13 and I know that's not how to approach someone that's addicted. If he doesent want to help himself, tell him were both going to see a physchologist, don't tell him its you or the pot, it's not the right way.
    dataguneed Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Well I'm only 15 you have to get him to admit his addiction first explain your feelings and find out his then ask him if he is ready to change and try to stop smoking
    dataguneed Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Yea I agree with mylilsunshyne you also can't just throw it in his face it makes him feel guilty and drives him to smoke more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriends Children manipulate and lie [ 1 Answers ]

Should I allow my boyfriends children's rudeness, lies and theft from my children to break us up? His 14 year old daughter steals my 13 year olds daughters things and when confronted always has an excuse which gets her out of trouble. They are best friends and it is hurting my daughter. He says...

Pot and ciggaretts - boyfriends has expensive habits [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend - who I've lived with for 4 years now - is clearly addictted to weed and ciggaretts - he's only 24 and has been doing both non stop since he was about 11 or 12... He thinks there is nothing wrong with someking pot and loves it, the only down side of it is that its affecting our...

Frozen pipes - detecting burst pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Cold side of the kitchen faucet was frozen this a.m. Trickle returned this evening, followed by an immediate drop in hot faucet pressure - then some brownish water - the brownish water lasted 20 seconds - but the pressure is still low 1/3 pressure now and can get both some hot and some cold Have...

Pressure problems thinking the pipes are too small [ 5 Answers ]

Our house is a 3.5 bath with a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen as well as cloths washer in the laundry. The house is a 2 story older farm type house. The main coming into the meter is 2 inch. What happens after that is it turns to a 3/4 for about ten feet then everything branches of that to...

View more questions Search