Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athenamia Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Nov 13, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Teeth Falling Out in Dream
    ~ I have been told this is a fairly common dream, but what does it mean? My BF has had this type of dream repeatedly, in several different circumstances (in dream).
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 13, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Check out this website about dream meanings:
    An Online Guide To Dream Interpretation
    There is a section discussing all types of dreams about teeth.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 01:31 PM
    It could mean his body is lacking some nutrients that his teeth need like calcium and magnesium.
    shorty1434L Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 03:51 PM
    It's a myth that you or someone you know is going to have a baby
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Sep 7, 2008, 08:11 PM
    From my experience Teeth falling out means " Death ". 26 days before my mother died I had a dream about my front tooth fell out and I put it in her hand and I just woke up feeling horrible. 2 days later her leg was amputated from gangerne, 26 days after that Dream she was Dead. I also have a Dream book which clearly states that teeth falling out means Death, well at least in my case that was what it meant.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Sep 23, 2008, 08:48 PM

Interesting that one person says birth, another death. Well, birth and death are the same thing, really. Teeth are like seeds, human seeds. They are bone, the hardest most fundamental part of ourselves. Our teeth do fall out, twice in our lives. Losing our baby teeth is a part of growing up. And, at least in the past, it was customary for old folks to lose their teeth.

This is a pretty deep dream, coming from a very deep, archetypal level of the unconscious. So hard to interpret. But my take is: Transformation, a shift in phase of life (rite of passage or mid-life crisis), caterpillar becomes crysalis becomes butterfly. It's about change, the Death card in Tarot. Letting go of the old so something new can grow. And possibly the fear of that.
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Sep 27, 2008, 03:54 PM
    I agree with Alder 100%!

"Transformation, a shift in phase of life (rite of passage or mid-life crisis), caterpillar becomes crysalis becomes butterfly. It's about change, the Death card in Tarot. Letting go of the old so something new can grow. And possibly the fear of that."

Don't worry, you are in good hands... believe that everything happens for a reason and the result is positive no matter how many hardships you may face in the near or distant future. Ask and you will receive; take and karma will give it back to 3 fold.
    Ribbonic Plague Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2008, 03:37 PM

I don't know any dream interpretation or tarot guides, but from personal experience I must agree with "In Sorrow" in that falling teeth, brushing one's teeth, finding a tooth in a dream, etc means death to me.

One circumstance that jumps to mind was a dream of me brushing my teeth, and when I looked up to the mirror instead of seeing my reflection I saw my grandmother instead (who I have never seen before except in photos: She died of cancer when my mum was just 11). Months later my grandfather died of a stroke.

Oct 2, 2008, 10:24 AM

I am sure that to everyone it will mean different things. It's a scarry thing to loose your teeth in a dream... I once had a dream that one of my molar teeth was loose. Watching t.v. and playing with it... it fell out and I swallowed it! In the dream I got scared because after the molar fell out other teeth felt like they where crumbling in my mouth. I ran to the bathroom and spit in the sink to find that I spit all my teeth I looked in the mirror and freaked! No deaths occurred but some big changes wrapped themselves around me... transformation. So I still go with Alders idea but again... it's all individual experience. I too was waiting for a phone call saying someone was dead.
    arabianangel1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 04:41 PM

My grandmother interprets dreams and she says that if it's the first front teeth then that means death/danger for your immediate family. The farther back it goes that means family/friends that are not as close to you.

Nov 27, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arabianangel1 View Post
    My grandmother interprets dreams and she says that if its the first front teeth then that means death/danger for your immediate family. The farther back it goes that means family/friends that are not as close to you.
    What if all your teeth fall out?
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2008, 04:51 PM

I checked my dream interpretation books and it says that it can mean
    You are feeling self conscience
    You are feeling awkward or uncomfortable or regretting something you said
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Dec 5, 2008, 09:34 PM

I've always heard it means guilt! Hummmm p
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 08:13 AM

A lot of the interpretation of a dream has to be taken in the context of the dream and also how it leaves you feeling.
    Teeth definitely has something to do with yourself image and how you feel about yourself and guilt is a part of your image.
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Dec 6, 2008, 08:17 AM

I myself was having nightmares that all my teeth were loose. I looked it up in my dream book and it said it had to do w/guilt. But if I were you I'd listen to Alder and April Wine. :) Patti

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dream Interpretation: Teeth [ 25 Answers ]

Hi there, I hear this is quite a common dream.. I have these reoccurring dreams of my teeth crumbling and falling out. Sometimes it is just that the teeth become really lose in the dream and start falling out. It has been happening a lot to me lately. I always had them every few months or...

I'm FALLING for him again [ 3 Answers ]

I told myself that I would never fall for him, but know I'm falling for him. I told myself I a would'nt after how he hurt me is this a bad thing?

I'm falling for him [ 2 Answers ]

Im kind off dating a married man.. he also my school admission rep.. What should I do?

Everything is falling apart... [ 32 Answers ]

Okay... so I don't know exactly where this question belongs so I am putting it here. Please bear in mind that I need any and all points of view here. My husband told me today about an idea he had about earning money. He said that if he goes to work for a company in another province, he could...

Could he be falling? [ 28 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about two months. We met online Jan 2nd. We started talking for a few days first online and then on the phone which were 2 hour conversations. We then decided to meet and have been dating every since…. Exclusively. In fact, he was seeing another girl when we met,...

View more questions Search