Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mandeep_malhotra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Pc restarts, strange observation!
    Hi All,
    I hve Win XP installed on my system. The problem I am facing is that as the system is booting up, it just restarts. When I choose SAFE mode while booting, restart doesn't happen. I have also reinstalled the windows but problem is still intact. Can anyone help me.
    Thanks,
    Mandeep
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Nov 13, 2007, 12:50 PM
    It sounds like your hard drive is toast. That's that happeed to me a few months ago and Dell said that the hard drive was no good anymore. Have you tried calling technical support?
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Nov 14, 2007, 05:44 PM
    I think your hard drive is broken. You should take it to your local computer repair store and see what they can do.
    mandeep_malhotra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhopingtearsxx
    I think your hard drive is broken. You should take it to your local computer repair store and see what they can do.

Thanks 2 both of you 4 d help. I'll tke my PC to a local repair shop But I was just wondering if it is a h/w issue, den hw come the sys is wrkin fine in SAFE mode?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer restarts on startup [ 2 Answers ]

Omg this is really annoying... today I did a sypware scan and it said it had to restart so I reatsrted it... but when it starts up.. it gets to the blue screen that says "windows is starting up" the mouse cursor pops up and then... it restarts again? This keeps on happening everythime I try to...

My tonsils: a perculiar observation! [ 2 Answers ]

This is going to sound very odd but my tonsils have lumps/bumps and even holes in them. (I guess that's not too weird and wonderful as docotrs have seen them and don't seem worried) However they produce a white solid from the holes. It's about the consistancy of a small chewed piece of bread...

Window Xo restarts itself [ 1 Answers ]

:oi am using win98 and win xp together. Win98 on C drive and win xp on D drive. For few days when I open win xp it starts and then computer closes and restarts automatically. This time it says that the computer was not closed properly and option of safe mode, start previous configuration and...

View more questions Search