Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hadassa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 11:12 AM
    My daughter is missing
    Right mow my daughter has run away and she called last night and the number she called from came up private and I want to know how to find the number because the police said they can't help me is there any body that can?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2007, 12:32 PM
    How old is your daughter?
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Police can't help you? It's a missing child?
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

Nov 15, 2007, 02:04 AM
    OK the police must be insane! Find out a reason why she escaped from you...

Plus, I don't know how you find the number but you can always go on your mobile or house phone you go to received calls and you should be able to call back

Plus, you can go to any missing person's unit. They should help or the um... even check FBI's they help really.

I am so sorry I can't help much.

Some reasons she ran away is because:

She wants to be with her boyfriend
    Gone wild doing things with her friends
    Or PLAIN SICK OF YOU! (that is so mean)
    Good luck finding your daughter I am so sorry
    kuberan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hadassa
    right mow my daughter has run away and she called last night and the number she called from came up private and i want to know how to find the number because the police said they can't help me is there any body that can?
    Sir,

Best contact your telephone service provider.ask for incoming phone

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Only the police can get a "private" number from your phone company. If this is a case of a run away, then yes they can, I will assume you filed a run away child report with them. ( assumeing this is a minor child)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Have you tried calling and reporting her to missing people?

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Kidnappings and Missing Persons Investigations

Whatever you do when she calls talk to her in a way to keep open communication. Don't say anything to upset her and justify in her mind why she ran away. Avoid saying you come home this instant! When you get home you are grounded, etc...
    My daughter ran away for almost two weeks when she was 17 and she called all the time.
    I just kept telling her I want you home, I miss you, we can work things out if you tell me what's bothering you, I am scared cause I have no idea of your safety, when do you plan to come home, etc...
    Tell her she needs to get home or tell you more or you are going to have to call and have her face put on the milk cartons and you mean it.
    Also I tried to ask questions to get an idea of where she was. I got out of her that she was at a friend of a friend that lived about 6 miles away and she kept telling me she was coming home. Even come pick her up at times --then she wouldn't be there. Which scared me more. She finally came home.

Check with all her friends AND their parents too.
    Also you might mention that WHOEVER she is staying with can get in trouble for keeping somebody under age.

Hopefully she keeps calling to let you know she is safe and comes home.
    Str8cntryboy Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hadassa
    right mow my daughter has run away and she called last night and the number she called from came up private and i want to know how to find the number because the police said they can't help me is there any body that can?
    What did she want when she called? Are there troubles at home? How long has she been gone? What was the reason for her leaving?
    Str8cntryboy Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Have you tried calling and reporting her to missing people?

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Federal Bureau of Investigation - Kidnappings and Missing Persons Investigations

Whatever you do when she calls talk to her in a way to keep open communication. Don't say anything to upset her and justify in her mind why she ran away. Avoid saying you come home this instant! When you get home you are grounded, etc....
    My daughter ran away for almost two weeks when she was 17 and she called all the time.
    I just kept telling her I want you home, I miss you, we can work things out if you tell me whats bothering you, I am scared cause I have no idea of your safety, when do you plan to come home, etc.....
    Tell her she needs to get home or tell you more or you are going to have to call and have her face put on the milk cartons and you mean it.
    Also I tried to ask questions to get an idea of where she was. I got out of her that she was at a friend of a friend that lived about 6 miles away and she kept telling me she was coming home. Even come pick her up at times --then she wouldn't be there. Which scared me more. She finally came home.

Check with all her friends AND their parents too.

Hopefully she keeps calling to let you know she is safe and comes home.
    I agree 100%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

What Am I Missing? [ 2 Answers ]

Obviously I am missing something! For the love of God I can't understand why my biological mother treats me worse than a step child. As a psychic, you are taught from the beginning that you must not read with emotions attached but it's hard for me when it comes to my mother. My mother loves to...

What's missing? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not exactly a beginner but for the life of me, I cannot get my Lexmark Z82 to work on mySony Vaio home PC with XP Home. I've updated the latest drivers from the Lexmark website... I've asked my computer for help: dumb as me... The printer can copy docs by itself but nothing, even...

Missing My Grand Daughter [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever my son and his daughter mother are not on good terms she retaliates by keeping my grand daughter away from me! They are no longer together and I'm tired of her threating me that I will never see my grand daughter again. I would like to know if I should just take her to court to get grand...

View more questions Search