Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danielle_lhs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Can you keep a 7 week old lab puppy outside?
    Can you keep a little lab puppy that is 7 weeks old outside
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 09:21 AM
    No, one puppy by itself could never keep itself warm in cold weather. You would need to be very careful if you try to add heat to make sure the puppy couldn't chew the cord. Dogs belong in the house with their people. Why have a dog, if you don't have it with you?

Although puppies tend to chew and wet, there are ways of managing it, mostly giving it the attention it needs, and crating it when you can't. Puppies also should not be left more than 4-5 hours by themselves. Much of what I have learned is in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802

If you don't want to give a puppy what it needs, you would do better adopting an older dog, or perhaps no dog at all. One of the best sources for dogs with a predictable personality is the rescue dogs. These are dogs that lost their home, but were taken into a foster home to be retrained as necessary and placed in the right home for them. You may find a rescue near you starting at American Kennel Club - Breed Rescue The rescues charge a fee to help cover their expenses, but is much less than the price of a puppy plus all its medical expenses the first year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A few questions about a 7 week old lab puppy [ 7 Answers ]

I'm pretty much convinced I have the cutest, best puppy ever. But I have a few questions. Everything I've read says that puppies will defecate in an hour or so after eating. I think my little girl holds hers in for as long as she possibly can because she doesn't go until several hours after...

4 week lab puppy [ 1 Answers ]

Our 4 week old lab puppy's nose is very dry, is this normal?

Proper weight for a 9 week lab puppy? [ 9 Answers ]

I took her to the vets the other day and the weighing thing said 5.80 or something like that, though I don't know whether that's a normal weight or not! Or even what that was measured in! :S The vet did say she had a lot of puppy fat - if this is the case how does she loose it? Comments would be...

My 9 week old Lab puppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Of corse I think I have the cuteset puppy in the world and yes I fawn over him ALL the time he is never left alone inless he has to be he gose to the store with us he basicaLy gose every where with us. But all he really wants to do is bite us or tear something up. At this point I have no...

8 week lab puppy not eating [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 5 week old lab puppy which became familiar in 2-3 days. He is now 8 weeks and got his first vaccination 2 week back. He has also got the de-worming. Now he has stopped eating. He just has few (very few) water or milk and became weak. Also he is not as playful as he used to be. We tried...

View more questions Search