Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cute_lil_clown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Budgeted indirect ccost, actual indirect cost rate
    I don't understand how to do this one, can someone help me?

Job costing, normal and actual costing. Anderson Construction assembles residential houses. It uses a job-costing system with two direct-cost categories (direct materials and direct labor) and one indirect-cost pool (assembly support).

Direct labor-hours is the allocation base for assembly support costs. In December
    2006, Anderson budgets 2007 assembly-support costs to be $8,000,000 and 2007 direct labor-hours to be160,000.

At the end of 2007, Anderson is comparing the costs of several jobs that were started and completed in 2007.

Laguna Model Mission Model
    Direct labor-hours 900 1,010

Direct materials and direct labor are paid for on a contract basis. The costs of each are known when direct
    Materials are used or when direct labor-hours are worked. The 2007 actual assembly-support costs were$6,888,000, and the actual direct labor-hours were 164,000.

1. Compute the (a) budgeted indirect-cost rate and (b) actual indirect-cost rate.
    Why do they differ?

2. What are the job costs of the Laguna Model and the Mission Model using (a) normal costing and (b) actual costing?

3. Why might Anderson Construction prefer normal costing over actual costing?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Welcome to the Introductions forum.

You should repost this in a more appropriate location to get more answers.
    cute_lil_clown Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Comment on CaptainRich's post
    I did not realize I had posted in the wrong spot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct-cost rate, Indirect Cost rate [ 1 Answers ]

Budget 2007 Pro labor compensation $960,000 Audit support department cost $720,000 Pro Labor-hours billed to clients 16,000 hours Actual Results 2007 Audit support department costs $744,000 Pro labor-hours billied to clients 15,500 hours Actual pro labor cost rate $58

Indirect Discrimination [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if the following constitutes indirect discrimination: Restricting promotion to staff who are full-time and permanent by hiring contract staff for the major projects whilst permanent staff are restricted to the low key administrative projects. I work in the Information...

Indirect waste to floor drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large mostly glass, indoor garden room and would like to add a basin of some sort to soak plants, water orchids (most of the water drains off), etc. I have easy access to a water supply but no drain. Directly below the garden room is the boiler and hot water tank on a concrete floor with...

View more questions Search