Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANSUN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Does smoking ciggrate cause skin decay ?
    Suggestion about how to quit ciggrates
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Nov 13, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Ok in answer to your first question... yep.. smoking causes thinning of the skin.. which is why when you see someone who has smoked all their life... they have wrinkles which pucker round their mouth... it can also make your skin look yellow.. and generally unhealthy.

As for a suggestion how to quit smoking... well... the way I did it was to cut up all my cigarettes and throw out all my lighters... instead of spending money on cigarettes I spent it on chewing gum and lollypops... I know it sounds silly but it takes your mind off smoking. If that doesn't work... try cutting down to one or two a day... then as the weeks go on cut down to two a week or something until you eventually stop... you'll feel better for it... but remember it takes two weeks until you start to notice a difference.

Good Luck :)
    british bill Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 08:19 PM
    No it doesn't cause it. There is no causal relationship between cigarettes and skin decay. There is a correlation but that is all. If smoking were to CAUSE skin decay, every smoker would have skin decay [not true].
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 04:48 PM
    It is one of the factors along with poor diet, pollutants, stress and aging
    Anti oxidents help skin.
    lanabear10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Yes Smoking Can Cause Skin Decay!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exponential decay formula [ 2 Answers ]

The strength, S, of any signal in a fiber-optic cable diminishes 15% for every 10 miles. Let S sub0 (So) be the strength at the location from which the signal is to be calculated. Let n, the horizontal axis, represent each 10 mile length. Find the formula for this decay-exponential function. ...

Radioactive Decay(Pre-Cal) [ 1 Answers ]

If you haver 5 grams of carbon-14, whose half-life is 5730 years, How much carbon-14 will be left after 4,000 years and 8,000 years? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Baby bottle decay or not [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have a 21month old baby girl. We have just this week noticed a small brownish yellow stain on her tooth. She has been on a lot of steroids, and I don't know if it is from her medicines or if it is decay from milk or juice. Her enamel on her teeth does not look thick, it actually looks...

Exponential decay [ 1 Answers ]

The radioactive decay formula is A = A0(1/2)^t/n, where A is the current amoutn of the radioactive sample, A0 is the original amount, t is the elapsed time and n is the length of the half life. The half life of Sodium-24 is 14.9h. A researcher begins with 100mg of sodium-24. What is the...

View more questions Search