Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellemichellemichelle Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 05:50 AM
    Why am I seeking attention from men
    You hear all about men having a mid life crisis, is it the same for us women. I was up until a couple of year ago in a long term stable relationship. Can't say I was floating on air but things were ticking along okay and I was content. I only wish I still felt the same way. Things changed for me when a colleague at work started to show an interest in me, he opened up feelings inside me that I had long since forgotten I had. Nothing happened between me and him but for some reason I can no longer be the content person I was beforehand. I now crave attention from men, it is almost like a drug to me. I have also met complete strangers off chat sites (crazy I know) something I would never have done before. I walk into pubs alone I guess in the hope of being noticed. This past year I have been unfaithful to my partner, something I would never have done before. It's like I cannot get enough of men, not necessarily in a sexual way but anyone showing the slightest interest and I love it. I am not a 'loose women', I consider myself to be intelligent although it may not sound it but I am desperate to get to the bottom of why I am behaving the way I am and craving attention. I need to stop behaving in this way but I feel the need to understand it in order to put things right. Can anyone else out there relate to what I am doing ?
    enigmagnetic Posts: 333, Reputation: 45

Nov 13, 2007, 07:11 AM
    How old are you?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 07:18 AM
    You might gain some insight from looking at the string of questions you've posed here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=2045116
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Hello michelle:

It's simple, really. You're horney, and you're old man/partner ain't satisfying you. Given your situation, you're not too terribly different than any of us.

excon

Nov 13, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmagnetic
    How old are you?
    Im 41
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Nov 13, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michellemichellemichelle
    You hear all about men having a mid life crisis, is it the same for us women. I was up until a couple of year ago in a long term stable relationship. Can't say I was floating on air but things were ticking along okay and I was content. I only wish I still felt the same way. Things changed for me when a colleague at work started to show an interest in me, he opened up feelings inside me that I had long since forgotten I had. Nothing happened between me and him but for some reason I can no longer be the content person I was beforehand. I now crave attention from men, it is almost like a drug to me. I have also met complete strangers off chat sites (crazy I know) something I would never have done before. I walk into pubs alone I guess in the hope of being noticed. This past year I have been unfaithful to my partner, something I would never have done before. It's like I cannot get enough of men, not necessarily in a sexual way but anyone showing the slightest interest and I love it. I am not a 'loose women', I consider myself to be intelligent although it may not sound it but I am desperate to get to the bottom of why I am behaving the way I am and craving attention. I need to stop behaving in this way but I feel the need to understand it in order to put things right. Can anyone else out there relate to what I am doing ?

You seek attention because you need that validation of someone still wanting you.. I think you are becoming subconscious of your age and want to see if you STILL HAVE IT! But the reality is you are seeking attention in the wrong way... THe only person whom opinion matters really is your OWN... You need to know you are beautiful without needing the assurance from men.. Of course they will tell you what you want to hear.. You are translucent to them they see the vulnerability in you... Therefore they say and tell you exactly what you want to hear.. Perhaps you want to hear this from your partner and you're not... This could be a reason for this behavior...

Nov 13, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Comment on jolienoire's post
    A really helpful answer, your should be an agony aunt by professionan
    tobie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 04:27 PM
    OMG!! You need to read the book "WOmen's Infidelity" go to womensinfidelity.com, I happened across this book. It should answer a lot of questions for you! I am in no way am associated with this book but think all women NEED to read it! Best of luck!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Attention-seeking person [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 22 years old university student and I realized I'm chronic attention seeker.. sometimes I start thinking some farfetched ideas and worrisome thoughts and I get depressed hoping someone will notice and comfort me.. my girlfriend realized this and made me realize it too... its so true because...

How do I get her attention [ 6 Answers ]

So I like this girl in one of my classes and she is really cute but I don't know how to talk to her since I am really shy and insecure. She is even in my lab group so its like the perfect situation to talk to her but I am to shy to actually talk to her how should I do it??

Issues need immediate attention [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with him for 7 years. Let me break down what has happened without having to write an essay. He comes from a Christian background so I thought he was good. From the start he used to cancel plans, not show up, wanted to party with his friends. I forgave him because he was married and...

Something new to my attention [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I have discovered a couple small spot like 'things' on my penis head. Im 100% sure its not an std as I've had the same sexual partner for about 3 years now and prior to that I had tests done at my health clinic and proved negative as did she. Any idea what these could be - I'm mainly...

Get the coach's attention [ 4 Answers ]

The only way I can describe basketball and me is, pure love. I play any chance I can get and I'm always spraining my ankles because of that. I play for an all star team, and I also play in a recreation league The problem I have is making the school team. I try my hardest. I dive for balls and do...

View more questions Search