Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harlemsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2005, 10:59 AM
    1996 Honda Accord Starter
    I think I'm having problems with my starter.

A week ago I was driving down the road and my entire dashboard went out and then came back on in a split second. The car still drove fine and I was able to make it to my destination. The next morning when I got up my car would not start. Initially thinking it was my battery because I had errosion, my roommate and I tried to jump my car. When we tried to jump my car, my roommate noticed that there were sparks coming from my starter. I've since then cleaned my battery and replaced wires to it. Once I did that my car started up twice without a problem, but the third time it would not. Once again I noticed sparks coming from the starter. Any suggestions?
    dpfiend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2005, 06:19 PM
    ??
    This is my first time on this site. ANYway I wanted to place my own post but saw another 96 accord thread.
    Well I need instructions on how to remove the ignition lock cylinder from my accord. It has some one way(security) type bolts that make removal seem very tough. Anybody have any ideas??
    hiperf402 Posts: 106, Reputation: -1

Apr 4, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Dpfiend, You Need To Take A Hammer And A Very Sharp Centerpunch To Remove Bolts Try One And If It Doesn't Come Off Easy, Try The Other. Once One Is Loose The Other Will Follow.

Harlemsky, Just Replace The Starter, Sometimes The L Shaped Solenoid Contacts Twist Inside Starter And Arc Battery Voltage To Ground.

Ps, I Know I'm Using All Caps, Not Yelling, Just Early In Morning And Too Tired To Change. Sorry.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 07:35 AM
    dpfiend, here's how to properly replace the steering lock assembly:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224842

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

2001 Honda Civic - Starter - Can you show me the location of the starter? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having starting problems with my 2001 Honda Civic EX 4DR. This is the first problem with the car and I can't find the starter. Can you help?

1998 Honda Accord LX - starter problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Accord LX that will not start - the engine will not turn over. This happened one time about 3 weeks ago and I was going to purchase a new starter (which I did about 3 years ago) but saw some information that it might be a main relay issue, but the car started every time I tried...

1998 honda Accord starter problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have the same problem with my 98 accord as was posted many months ago and wondered if anyone had solved their problem. I just tried to start the car and although the starter could be heard spinning, it didn't engage the ring gear and so the engine didn't turn over. I have removed the starter...

1996 Automatic Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

The Other Day I Was Driving Up A Hill, I Tried Giving It Some Extra Gas And Then All Of A Sudden There Was Aloud Noise, The Car Was Revving And It Started Going Faster, I Tried Pressing The Brakes It It Seemed Like I Had No Brakes, The Car Was Basically Going On Its Own, I Looked Down And Both The...

View more questions Search