Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dammit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Air bleeding fuel lines
    Does an oil furnace that has a 2 line set up need to be bled?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 05:43 AM
    Not usually. But is a problem does come up you can open the bleeder a bit to assure you have oil in the tank.
    tsa7man Posts: 154, Reputation: 9

Nov 13, 2007, 05:46 AM
    A properly installed 2-pipe fuel system does not have to be bleed, you should always prime the fuel pump on a new install to help the pump seal and pull the fuel oil...

Nov 13, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Not usually. But is a problem does come up you can open the bleeder a bit to assure you have oil in the tank.
    (I can not find a bleeder valve on this burner)
    Will the system circulate the air in the fuel line going to the furnace through to the return fuel line back to the tank. Thus bleeding itself?
    If so do I need to use a jumper on the control box to keep the furnace running just like you would do to bleed a single line setup? Thanks for the info

Nov 13, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsa7man
    A properly installed 2-pipe fuel system does not have to be bleed, you should always prime the fuel pump on a new install to help the pump seal and pull the fuel oil....
    How do you prime the fuel pump on a Beckett AF-15 oil burning furnace?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 10:46 AM
    From years go by all I can tell you is there is a very small valve like item on the pump. I believe yiou can attach a 1/4 ID plastic tube to it and unscrew the valve with a wrench a bit to allow flow.Your two pipe should self bleed.

Are you sure you have OIL?? Are you sure the filter is tightened so as not to allow air in??
    tsa7man Posts: 154, Reputation: 9

Nov 13, 2007, 07:52 PM
    With the Beckett burner off, remove one of the top plug ports for your pressure gage on the oil pump, and pour in fuel oil until you fill up the pump gears... replace the plug, and start the Beckett burner. After it has ran a bit, open the bottom bleed valve and bleed a bit of fuel oil into a container ( after the burner has ignited )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding air in fuel lines [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot light on my hot water heater is not relighting I was told that I needed to bleed the air through the line inorder to get it to relight. Any suggestions?

Craftsman Weedwacker Fuel lines [ 3 Answers ]

I need instructions for routing the 2 fuel lines on a craftsman 25cc weedwacker

Air in Well Water Lines [ 1 Answers ]

When we turn on the water anywhere in our house there are bursts of air, it spits and sputters sometimes for several minutes. It also does it in my sister's house next door as her house is on the same well as ours.

Air In Lines [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Well With Submarsable Pump. We Have Resently Had Air In The Water Lines , Mostly In The Cold Water . Can You Tell Me Why? Russell Day

Air in lines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with air when I turn on any water outlet in the home, including when the toilets flush. I am on a submersible pump well system. I just recently purchased the home which was empty for about two years. The air is not all the time, but when it does it, it spurts for 5 sec.- 30 sec. at...

View more questions Search