Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simiensane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 09:06 PM
    1996 Honda Civic front end lubrication
    I am trying to locate the lubrication points on the front end of my 1996 honda Civic. I can not seem to see any zerk fittings to add grease. Short of buying a Chilton's manual which on any other car that I have ever had has been very vague, I have had no luck finding this information. Thank you for your help.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simiensane
    I am trying to locate the lubrication points on the front end of my 1996 honda Civic. I can not seem to see any zerk fittings to add grease. Short of buying a Chilton's manual which on any other car that I have ever had has been very vague, I have had no luck finding this information. Thank you for your help.
    The front suspension is sealed and doesn't require additional lubrication.

With better component sealing, this is becoming more and more common on many vehicles.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Nov 13, 2007, 06:55 AM
    I was not sure on Japanese vehicles made for export to the USA, but in Japan on Local cars, they do not put zerk fitting on any cars except 4WD or vans that are popular to convert to camping type vehicles. They don't keep a car long enough here to need a lube job, if the part wears out, it just gets changes with a new OEM part, period. They are not big on second hand cars either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Front End Noise 2001 Honda Accord [ 6 Answers ]

Wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on some front end noise I have been experiencing lately on my 2001 Honda Accord. I thought it was a bad tire as I just had a set put on about 8,000 miles ago as well as having the front end aligned. I noticed a roaring type wum, wum, wum, wum, wum noise...

1999 Honda Accord Front End Noise [ 3 Answers ]

1999 Accord EX. 130,000 miles, 5 spd manual trans. Lately a noise has been coming from my drive train. It is sort of a "wum wum wum wum wum" low-pitched sound that occurs only (and always) when moving and increases with speed. It is not a tire problem. I have rotated and inspected the tires...

View more questions Search