Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    singlemom070907 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Reassurance on custody battle.
    I am getting a divorce from my husband who I am hopefully going to have an O F P on because he threatned to kill me.. (we will find out tomorrow):confused: My husband has been diagnosed with severe PTSD and anger problems.. he served me with divorce papers before I could serve him.. we have been to court and the judge is going to rule tomorrow on the O F P. He wants full physical custody of our 4 month old that I am the primary care giver for. I am so scared that because he has so much money he will do anything.. I am very scared that I will loose her because he doesn't know how to take care of her he has never bought diapers or wipes or even put her to bed. I have done that every night of her life... I need some reassurance on what to expect... thanks so much for you time:(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 07:34 PM
    With issues of anger problems a good Judge will at most give him supervised visits and possibly tell him to get counseling.
    You need to tell the Judge all your concerns like his not being able to change a diaper and as a result you have been the SOLE person to take care of the baby. You need to make sure you are able to prove that you have everything under control for taking care of the baby. Like if you are the one that left the house you need to prove you have a suitable home with everything for the baby.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 08:18 PM
    There had to be a good, solid reason, given by the father as to why the child would be better off in his sole custody. It is rather hard to take custody away from a mother.

Make sure to voice all your concerns... but I would venture to say you have little to worry about as far as custody is concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody battle [ 8 Answers ]

8 years ago a woman gave my parents a child he was only 1 year old no legal papers were signed and she has never supported him in any way. Out of the blue she went and got him for school he is now 9. What are my parents chance on getting him back?:(

Custody battle [ 1 Answers ]

I am a mother of three from a previous marriage, went through the divorce- with him the primary me with custody and child support, he hasn't been providing a stable safe environment for the children, which they were temporarily placed in my care(by DFS) while the investigation has been going on,...

Custody Battle [ 19 Answers ]

I live in NY and My children one 6 and the other 4 are no longer with me the mother left and hid them from me. Now I am in court and all I want is Joint Shared Custody. Is this at all possible? And now the kids are no longer in the house that they came from. She is in a shelter with my children....

Custody Battle! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I'm Kelli. I'm 22. I have two daughters, Sarah (3) and Emily (1). :) They are my life. In March, I eloped to a gentlemen I thought I loved. We only dated for a short time but I thought this person would make my family "whole" (I am from a broken home and foolishly thought this would bury...

View more questions Search