Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Irish Lass Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
    How to Mark First Birthday in a Forever Type of Way
    Hello,

Any ideas or opinions on how I can mark my DS's 1st birthday in a way that will be with us all forever.

Am currently creating a photo book of his first year, but would love other ideas.

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 12, 2007, 06:03 PM
    What does DS mean ?

Nov 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Hello Tickle,

DS means Darling Son / Dear Son, it's used a lot on a forum I'm on for parents here in Ireland.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 08:25 AM
    All I can say is to fill that day with as much love as humanly possible. From family and friends and playmates and neighbors. It is not what you do as much as it is why you do it and the memories of that special day. I remember my oldest son, when he turned one. My Dad called and said not to buy ANY clothes for him. He went shopping and could not resist and so he brought so much but the favorite was my son's very first pair of denim jeans and a football jersey. My son had a favorite toy - a soft riding horse and one of my co workers made a birthday cake that looked like the horse. My Mother-in-law, famous for her quilts, made him a first birthday quilt (she had made the baby quilt).

Just make it meaningful to the family.
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2007, 10:41 AM
    For my daughter's 1st birthday, she had her own cake to destroy. The rest of the family had a cake to cut. We took the cutest picture of her, eyeball deep in cake - frosting everywhere, cake everywhere and the biggest smile on her face. My mother-in-law took that picture and framed it for us with her handprint at that age. I think she used some sort of water based paint. Now... my girl is 8 and we have a birthday picture and a handprint for every year. It's really neat to see how much she grows!
    Athenamia Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Nov 13, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Comment on KMC6296's post
    I Love this Idea! Birthday Cake Faces are the Cutest!

Nov 14, 2007, 05:04 PM
    I love that idea KMC6296... I love photos and the handprint idea is something I would simply adore!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Whatever you do, just remember that this day is more for you than for baby. Baby hasn't a clue what is going on and will never remember the memorable day.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 05:31 PM
    I say just take a bunch of pictures what ever you decide on doing, he won't remember so the most you can do is show him what you did for him! Happy Birthday DS! Hugs!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single Forever [ 9 Answers ]

Hi people, I'm 23 yr old man, I never ever had relationship, is kind of embrrasin for me 2 say this but I'm very shy man, because of my shyness I found difficult 2 approach women. I'm good looking guy but I'm very shy and women don't like that kind of men. I get very unconformable around women...

Who wants to live forever? [ 5 Answers ]

Had an interesting conversation today about the advancements in medical science. The person I was talking to said that he believed one day he thought ageing could be halted. I said why would anyone want this? Living forever to me seems like the ultimate horror. And I don't even believe in an...

Will I be fat forever [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 20yrs old and have a bd which makes me look older and unattractive. I am a size 36(12) with a tummy I want a flat tummy and want to be thin.ive tried everything,green tea,reductil,water.exercise the weight would come off but return again.its despressing and at this young age weighing more than...

Seems like forever [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so my story is long but I don't have a lot of people to listen to me, I met my now ex boyfriend at a get together about 2 years ago, my best friend said she knew he was in love the first time he looked at me, we ended up hanging out all night, and for the next 8 months just became the best of...

View more questions Search