Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blooreema Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Heat Energy Absorbed
    A 300g piece of aluminum is heated from 30 degrees C to 150 degrees C. What amount of heat energy is absorbed?
    The specific heat capacity of aluminum is: 900

I tried doing this question.. and substituting it in the formula Q=m c DeltaT

but I get a different answer from my teacher's answer.

Can someone help and tell me what I'm doing wrong, or if I am missing a step?
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Nov 12, 2007, 07:10 PM
    H=mst
    H=0.3kg x 900 x 120
    H= 32400 joules
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Nov 12, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Just remember to convert your given mass to kg, and apply the formula

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Conservatives have never fully absorbed the fact that America is based on universal I [ 18 Answers ]

"While conservatives like Steyn call for a display of this confidence in reaction to controversies like the "cartoon jihad," it is they who lack confidence in our civilization’s ability to absorb and assimilate immigrants. This was honestly confessed in a March 30 column by Peggy Noonan in the Wall...

Cost and energy efficiency, keeping your cool vs letting things heat up. [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I have a disagreement. We own a kennel for dogs which we have to keep it reasonably climate controlled for the comfort of the dogs. Now with that said let me describe the building the dogs are housed. A concrete block structure with the only insulation in the attic. The kennel does...

How is nutrition absorbed ? [ 2 Answers ]

So this is something I can't find on the internet so that's why I'm doing this project,:rolleyes: So how is nutrition absorbed?:confused: Thank you :D

When does nutrition get absorbed after eating? [ 2 Answers ]

When does nutrition get absorbed by the body after eating?

View more questions Search