Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LunarBlue Posts: 88, Reputation: 10

Nov 21, 2005, 04:24 PM
    Wild Animal question
    I was recently told that wild animals go through the same diseases as humans. I was under the impression that domesticated animals are more likely to carry some of the diseases because they are taken away from that natural lifestyles.

Which one is correct?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2005, 07:56 PM
    Most species have their own diseases, very few moving from one to another without mutating. Dogs may manage to pick up more from humans than wolves do, but they are much more exposed to us. I forget the number, but dogs still largely share the same DNA as wolves, maybe 95-98%. I never saw any studies on this, and would be surprised if your source has any good ones to back the assertion. I see too many opinions that have no facts to support them.
    LunarBlue Posts: 88, Reputation: 10

Nov 21, 2005, 10:19 PM
    Thanks.

I'm not sure how good their source is. It was stemming off another debate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Animal Ghosts [ 12 Answers ]

Can a house be haunted with animal ghosts? The reason I ask is because now and then I smell a strong cat urine smell around one of our litter boxes in the hall outside our bathroom. The smell is not present in the air all the time and as far as I know none of our cats have ever used the floor...

Name of this animal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, could someone please identify this animal? I would appreciate it.:) http://i8.tinypic.com/25h0etv.jpg

Wild roses [ 1 Answers ]

How should I prune wild rose bushes that weren't pruned in the fall? It is now spring.

Runt, sick (wild) kitten question [ 1 Answers ]

I have brought home a wild kitten about 5 weeks of age that has an eye infection and an abscess. The kitten is on antibotics starting today, but was only removed from the mother as of last night (it is eating gruel well at 3 hour intervals) but has not pooped. I have foster kittens, mainly for...

Wild Tangent [ 4 Answers ]

I recently ran SPYBOT and it picked up 3 suspect problems - FAST CLICK - DSO EXPLOIT and WILD TANGENT. Spybot seemed to deal with the first two satisfactorily but on boot up I keep getting a message telling me that Wild Tangent cannot be located and gives the full C\Program\Wild...

View more questions Search