Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcio gerep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Creating a form for word for windows
    CREATING A FILLABLE FORM FOR WORD FOR WINDOWS
    I need to create a form to describe the conditions found during one inspection. The number of points to inspect is around 100.
    Most of them will have 3 types of known text to be type. a) the most common b) the less common and c) a text that will necessarily be customized.

What I want is to ocreate a template where another document will prompt me point by point:
    The best description is a b or c? If it is c I will be prompted to type it but if it is a or be I will simply check a box.

In the end, the second document will verify that none of my fields were left blank and if some are found it will display the message: you did not fill field such and such, do you want to fill them up now? If I say yes I will be given the options to check a,b or c otherwise if I say no it will print the document with the missing fields.
    The printed document will be print to file and I will be prompted for the file name.

Each of the points inspected can call for pictures and after the selection regarding the text is done for each point I will be prompted for what kind of pictures distribution I will need.
    A small diagram will show me the options of pictures distribution so that I can select the types, a, b, c, d or enter my own

All help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Marcio
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 2, 2007, 04:44 AM
    I am no Word Guru but I do know a little about Visual Basic, this is some project you are looking at here, I am not so sure anyone can help you for free but we will wait and see who shows up with some good Word help. Have you tried the MSDN site and search for anything?

I believe that Word has VBA built in, at least Office 2007 does, I think 2003 should too, do you know anything about VBA coding?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 2, 2007, 09:09 AM
    This could be done in Word with VBA, or as a website with PHP/MySQL, or as a standalone program. If multiple people will be using the program, that makes it a fairly complex project; if it's just for your personal use, it will be a very simple program to implement. If you're not a programmer, the best bet is to hire a freelancer to do this project for you. I recommend one of the following project boards:

Guru.com – Find freelancers at the world’s largest online service marketplace.

Rent A Coder: How Software Gets Done -- The most completed software projects on the internet

You basically set up an account, and set up a project. Developers will bid on your project. Many will be offshore developers and will bid quite low, so you can probably get this done for a very reasonable price. You can either specify a price or leave it open for suggestions. Developers are rated when they finish projects; look for someone who has a good track record (has completed five or more projects and has a high rating and no disputed or failed projects). Find the developer who has a decent rating and bids low - most likely this will be offshore, and you will communicate via email and IM. Once you've accepted a developer, you'll put the funds for the project in escrow to be released when you've accepted the result.

Vasily
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 2, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Do some research on Validating or Validation, this is used to verify if certain blocks of info was filled in or not, required fields that is, like name and email address.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
    This would take some extensive Word VBA. But could be done using MS Access fairly easily, with little coding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating Tables in Word [ 3 Answers ]

How do I add multiple rows and columns to an existing table in Word? I can only use the insert one at a time in the Table menu

Microsoft Word (form design) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm a first timer. Form design in MS GOT ME PUZZLED TO NO END. I'm able to create a form-- but I cannot anchor the field in the proper location. Example of fields: Occupation: ____________________ Experience:_________________

Creating An Index in MS Word [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to create an index for the end of my recently written book, which is currently in MS Word (I am going to eventually convert it to Quark Xpress for layout). I have tried to follow the directions in the MS Word helpfile but it's not working. Below, I will explain what my problem is: ...

Word 2000 hangs under Windows ME [ 2 Answers ]

When my friend tries to open a file in Word 2000 under Windows ME, "Requesting virus scan" appears and then the system hangs. Ctrl Alt Del gets rid of Word, but then nothing else will load. We just get "Sys dangerously low in resources" till we reboot.

View more questions Search