Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Nov 21, 2005, 02:33 PM
    Cold Drips in the tub
    My bathtub's cold water facets drips out if the knob handle when the water is running. No prob when the facet is turn off...

What needs healing? Is it fatal? Should I call P-911 or are we talking plumbing 101?

Thanks in advance...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 21, 2005, 03:24 PM
    Remove the knob and the chrome cover plate. You should see two brass nuts on the stem. The top nut is the bonnet packing nut. Turn on the cold water until it leaks past the stem. Now tighten the bonnet packing nut clockwise until the leaking stops. STOP TIGHTENING! Over tightening will make it hard to turn. Put everything back together. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot or Cold? [ 3 Answers ]

The above was a PM I got from Master Sergeant: I wanted to post it here in case any of you had the same question. Cold is used for acute injury (acute meaning sudden injury) such as a sprain or swelling. It will help contract the veins and bring down swelling and pain. It should be used...

Sometimes hot sometimes cold [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric furnace and it has started to blow cold air. I replaced the batteries in the thermostat and the warm air came back until it heated up to the set temperature then when the house cooled back down and the furnace came back on it would only blow cool air again. I changed the...

Shower Pipe Drips When Shower Head is Removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I keep buying new hand held showers heads that leak from the hose. I buy Delta brand. After I installed a new one yesterday, it started leaking from the hose again. Today I took off the entire shower head and see that from the pipe that comes out from the wall, it drips water at a pretty...

No cold water [ 1 Answers ]

I have two bathrooms I seldom use showers in. the last time guests came there was no cold water running to them, the sinks are fine and master bath has no problems HELP :eek:

Copper drips at soldered joints [ 1 Answers ]

I just had the copper in my kitchen replaced by a plumber. I have been working in the kitchen... getting it ready to have the cabinets installed. I have noticed some joints drip a little bit from the soldered joints. I notice the drops on the concrete. When I touch it to check it, the drips...

View more questions Search