Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citylover Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 04:02 AM
    Accident with city bus
    My car was hit by a city bus and totalled. My insurance company has said I should file with them and they will in turn go after the bus company. I have cervical sprain and want t file a lawsuit against the bus company what type of lawyer should I look for and what do I need to do to make sure I have all my bases covered.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 04:50 AM
    The type of attorney you need would be one who specializes in injuries and accidents - look through your yellow pages of the phone book. There are categories of attorneys. A good attorney will know what you need and be aggressive enough to pursue all this.

You will need the police report and medical records for sure. The attorney will ask you all this and more. Generally speaking, the attorney would get a percentage of a settlement so the better the settlement, the more he/she receives as well.

Your settlement may not just be monetary. It can include medical, rehabilitation therapy, etc.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 12, 2007, 06:09 PM
    1) Your insurance company will not need to "go after" the bus company's ins company if you reach an amicable settlement with the bus co's ins company, however, your insurance company will be "stand by" and ready to assisit should the bus co ins company not take care of your needs and then your insurance will seek reimbursement from the bus co ins company. 2) do not let the statutue of limitations expire for filing your lawsuit --- your atty should pay attn to this date. 3) Do not sign releases that release the bus co ins company from liability until such time as you are confident you will not have future, further med and other expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Many Legs Are In The Bus? [ 13 Answers ]

I am having trouble figuring out this word problem. There are 7 girls waiting for a bus. Each girl is carrying 7 bags and inside each bag there are 7 cats. Every cat has 7 kittens and all cats have 4 legs each. How many legs are in the bus? - THERE IS A BUS WITH 7 GIRLS - EACH GIRL...

Damage to city property due to car accident [ 1 Answers ]

In December of 2003, while driving, I got into a car accident. My back tires hit a patch of ice, and I swerved into the oncoming traffic, so I reacted quickly and wound up jumping a curb, sliding across a fence, and then the car stopped. The fence (chain link) had some minor damage, and my car was...

Bus fares [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know - in fiscal year end (June 06) if a field trip occurs in July 06 and advance is made to individual in June 06 - individual purchases bus fares for field trip on June 30, 06. Do we have an expense in June or July.

View more questions Search