Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vaseemmd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 12:28 AM
    Sharing a scanner
    My scanner model name is M1005
    It is a all in one printer and scanner.
    Cannot share the scanner. But the printer is shared. Please solution the above problem.
    The photoshop software display the scanner twain driver. But the error is display the error was cannot communicate the scanner
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2007, 03:44 AM
    You left out manufacturer.
    You left out operating system.
    You left out interface - assume USB.

Windows isn't smart enough to share anything other than printers, but the USB Servers here Keyspan | Products | USB Products will allow you to put USB serial devices which include printers and scanners on an ETHERNET network.

Note: The Printer/scanner MAY contain 4 USB devices with 1 port.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Usb over network is a viable option, it can share usb ports on a network as if connected
    Worth a try

USB over Network allows you to work with the remote USB devices over a local network or Internet as if they were connected directly to your local PC.

USB over Network - USB over IP - Shared USB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to sharing scanner in more than 2 system [ 2 Answers ]

I have HP2400 scanner and I want to share my scanner with 3 more user and all are conneted throug LAN. . Suggest me who I can share scanner in LAN.

Sharing Scanner [ 1 Answers ]

I want to share my scanner on lan, what should I do?

Scanner [ 2 Answers ]

Please can you help me sort a hardware problem out.I have just bought a second hand flatbed packard bell scanner and the installation cd was broken on arrival.I use xp home as my operating system and have service pack 2 installed.Am I able to download the relevant software from the web.The scanner...

Scanner use? [ 2 Answers ]

I have just been given a Packard Bell 1200 plus scanner for Fathers Day! (Lucky me). My question is, is this scanner suitable for scanning my slides (Transparencies). I have 100's from years ago. It has a resolution of 600x1200. Any advice welcomed. Thank you.

Scanner [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Friends, My boss wants me to check for a scanner that can scan at least 10 pages per minute. I do not find any product showing how many pages it can scan per minute. How and from where do I get this info Thanks Ram

View more questions Search