Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afghanosaurus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2005, 11:30 AM
    Flash.exe at 100% CPU Storage!!
    Hey everyone,

Does anyone else have this problem?? When I try to "test movie" or "export Flash movie" my computer jumps to 100% CPU Usage and then Flash crashes! :( I'm currently working on an animation at 20 frames per/sec and running a 1Ghz Pentium 3, 512 megs of ram. Shouldn't that be enough?? The file itself is less than 5 megs.

Please please please help me.

Thanks - Afghanosaurus
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2005, 02:08 PM
    Do you have any actionscript in your animation? It might be possible that you have caused an infinite loop and that would certainly mess things up. If so, put some trace statements in your code. If you see the debug console go crazy, repeating the same sentence, you have an infinite loop. Also, try the debug mode as you can try stepping through and see where you get problems.

Just to add clarification, an inifite loop is something like this:
    Code:
    // X starts off at 10
    x = 10;

// While X is greater than or equal to 10, do the stuff in the brackets
    while (x >= 10) {
      // Add one to X
      x++;
    }

// Will never get to this point as X will never be less than 10.
    P.s. Love the name
    afghanosaurus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2005, 03:27 PM
    Thanks - will try
    Thanks a lot friend - I will try. It's just so bizzarre because the file works on my friends computer, and he's only running a 1.8Ghz machine. Is one gig too little now-a-days?

Hey, check out my portfolio, still in progress. www.lions-gate.ca

Talk to you soon.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2005, 12:16 AM
    Nice site. You'ev done some nice stuff!

1GHz is fine for the latest version of Flash so I'm sure any older versions would be fine with 1GHz too. http://www.macromedia.com/software/f...nfo/systemreqs
    CVPlay.com Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2010, 04:05 AM
    Flash is a bit rubbish when you have loads of objects loaded in to the library. Even some trivial like bitmap objects (if you have enough of them) can make flash slow to a crawl... The alternative way of making flash movies is having all your objects (graphics, sounds, animations) external then loading them using actionscript.

Best of luck

CVPlay.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

Using CD-RW for data storage [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to do to use a CD-RW, out of its packing, to be able to save files to it, for transfer to another computer? I know that, in the old days of floppies, they needed to be formatted. Does the same thing apply to CD-RW's? If so, what are the steps I need to go through to do this? ...

Red wine storage [ 14 Answers ]

Red wine. Some people after opening it store it for long periods. I have opened a bottle of wine but there is no way I am going to drink it all at once. Some places say it stays good in the fridge for only 3 or 5 days. Then I here it is better to serve it at room temperature. My questions, how long...

Online file storage.. [ 19 Answers ]

Is there any "not trial but free" online large file storage out there my files is about 700MB - 1GB in size... :D

[Help] needed or will lose storage [ 3 Answers ]

In a few days I'm going to lose my storage :( just need help Im going to lose evevything.. :( can I find help?

View more questions Search