Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sigepmike Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Water build up in refrigerator ice chute
    I have a side-by-side Kenmore refrigerator/freezer. Recently, we noticed that the ice was not dispensing properly. We completely emptied the ice bin and reinstalled the bin. This afternoon, when I pushed the lever for ice, water came spilling out. I checked that the bin was installed correctly and remade ice. I just opened the freezer and noticed that the ice chute (in the freezer door) was full of water. THis, obviously, is why water spilled out when I pressed the ice lever. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
    J Costa Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Nov 12, 2007, 06:53 PM
    It sounds to me like you have a cooling problem but I am a little confused did it make ice again or did you just get water if the first time water came out your ice that was in there could have melted your ice button and your water button operate seperatly you have one line to icemaker and one to your water button. Is the freezer cooling everything else?
    sigepmike Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 06:27 AM
    The freezer is cooling everything else and is making ice. We are just also having the water buildup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Frigidaire Refrigerator model GLRS267ZAB4 Shelves and Ice/Water dispenser issues [ 1 Answers ]

Help! The supports for the shelves in my Frigidaire refrigerator have broken, making the refrigerator side nearly unusable. Is there any way I can fix these things without calling in an expensive repair tech to do it for me? I need to replace three shelf supports, two of which are for the...

Amana Refrigerator -Water and ICE not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a old AMANA side by side fridge. Its front water dispenser and ICE making process has stopped. I replaced filter but no luck. When I open filter there is vacume like suction inside and when I put it back water dispenser works for couple times and stops again. ICE is not working all the time....

View more questions Search