Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crwnedprincipe Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Limited or No Connectivity on Laptop
    I am having trouble connecting to the internet on my LAN. :confused: The connection states that there is limited or no connectivity. I am wondering if anyone can help me fix this. I have Windows XP. When I try to repair the connection it says that it is unable to renew the IP address. Here is the info I get when I hit ipconfig in the cmd prompt.

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 7:
    Connection-specific DNS suffix . :
    Autoconfiguration IP Address. . : 169.254.47.27
    Subnet Mask.. . : 255.255.0.0
    IP Address.. . : fe80::fdff:ffff:feff:fff%7
    Default Gateway.. . :

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS suffix . :
    IP Address.. . : fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6
    Default Gateway.. . :

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IP Address.. . : fe80::5efe:169:254.47.27%2
    Default Gateway.. . :

Let me know if anyone can help me or if you need more information. I really would appreciate ANY help.

Oh and the problem definitely has to do with my computer since my roommates computer accesses the internet fine. I have an IMB Thinkpad R40.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 11, 2007, 07:16 PM
    I assume you are trying to connect wirelessly. Is there any security on your router? Is your laptop also used on a corporate network?

Nov 11, 2007, 07:22 PM
    No I am trying to connect with a LAN network cable... my computer used to be part of a network (since I purchased it when I was in school) but I graduated this year so its no longer part of the network...

Nov 11, 2007, 07:56 PM
    OK, I would remove the LAN connections. Reboot after plugging back in the cable. Then run the wizard to rebuild the connection.

Nov 11, 2007, 08:02 PM
    How do I remove the LAN connections??

Nov 11, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Go into Netwokring from Control Panel select LAN Connections and delete them

Nov 11, 2007, 08:14 PM
    I went to control panel >> network connections >> I have a 1394 connection 6 and a LAN 7 I click on them and hit the delete button.. I get a message that says "The connection you selected cannot be deleted". Am I doing this right?

Nov 11, 2007, 09:04 PM
    NEW INFORMATION... I was looking at the prior posts and I tried renewing my IP address by going to the command prompt and running C:/>ipconfig /renew and got this message
    "An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Network 7 : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

Let me know if anyone can help.. thnks for all the help thus far ScottGem.

Nov 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Its clear that your system is not communicating with the router. The question is why. Could be a bad LAN cable, a bad Ethernet adapter, a configuration issue or something else.

You want to delete that LAN 7 entry. Boot without the cable connected and then try to delete.
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Ckeek the connection very well the connection is not put in right way.
    1. cheek shutdown and cheek the nic turn on the PC and cheek device manager if it configure very well.
    2. cheek the computer name if is on worstation cheek the workgroup and use ip address u where given by your isp
    adec234 Posts: 79, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Are u using it for internet or just local netwotk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limited or No Connectivity on Laptop [ 4 Answers ]

My laptop has limited or no connectivity when I try to connect it with my usual connection although it has FULL Signal Strength. However when it is able to connect to this "default" connection that I cannot access from my own room, it works - with really low Signal Strength. I really need this...

Limited or no connectivity [ 1 Answers ]

One day internet (cable modem) works fine, next get this message in tray. Have two computers with router, other computer internet OK, changed ports as well as connecting directly to modem, still nothing. Renew IP does not work with similar reason. Please what next?

Limited or no connectivity problems [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: When I try to hook up cable internet to my computer it says "limited or no connectivity problems". I try to renew my IP but after a couple minutes I can't for some reason. I don't use a router... just straight from my modem. What should I do?

Limited or no connectivity [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I'm in dire need of help! Just yesterday I was on the internet on my laptop when all of a sudden I a message appeared saying I had limited or no connectivity although I was still had full excellent signal. The problem is not with my router or service provider as my flatmates are still able to...

Laptop - Limited or No connectivity [ 14 Answers ]

Hello. I am so frustrated I think my eyeballs will explode. I am a computer novice so I will just tell you all that I know. My computer is the main one which in turn connects my brothers computer to the internet but I am now having trouble connecting my Laptop. So at the moment, 2 out of 3...

View more questions Search