Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbgirl Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2007, 07:00 PM
    What goes good with tortellini salad?
    Hi. I'm 17 and I am cooking dinner for my family tomorrow. I am mentioning my age because I want you to know that I do not have a clue on how to cook meat and stuff like that. I am making tortellini salad as a side dish because its my favorite :) The salad is chilled tortellini with italian dressing, olives, peppers, pesto and a bunch of other good stuff. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do :cool: I don't know what to serve as a main dish though. So what do you think would go good with the tortellini? I can't remember what I usually serve with it! AHH!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Well tortellini salad is kind of a picnic dish. Are you comfortable with the stove? I think that some grilled chicken would be great with the salad. You could even marinate the chicken in the same italian dressing you plan on using for the salad to tie things in together.

Or you could make chicken and peppers (instead of sausage and peppers). You just cook up some chicken, chop up red, green & yellow peppers and one yellow onion. Add some olive oil to a pan and add the fresh veggies with some garlic and let them cook. As they cook add the cooked chicken and a little bit of marinara sauce.

Good luck!
    bbgirl Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    well tortellini salad is kind of a picnic dish. Are you comfortable with the stove? I think that some grilled chicken would be great with the salad. You could even marinate the chicken in the same italian dressing you plan on using for the salad to tie things in together.

Or you could make chicken and peppers (instead of sausage and peppers). You just cook up some chicken, chop up red, green & yellow peppers and one yellow onion. Add some olive oil to a pan and add the fresh veggies with some garlic and let them cook. As they cook add the cooked chicken and a little bit of marinara sauce.

good luck!
    Thank you! That sounds delicious!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Glindas chicken sounds good you can cut the chicken in strips and also add some mushrooms too and maybe some snap peas besides the peppers, onions and garlic.
    myfreezer Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgirl
    Hi. I'm 17 and I am cooking dinner for my family tomorrow. I am mentioning my age because I want you to know that I do not have a clue on how to cook meat and stuff like that. I am making tortellini salad as a side dish because its my favorite :) The salad is chilled tortellini with italian dressing, olives, peppers, pesto and a bunch of other good stuff. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do :cool: I don't know what to serve as a main dish though. So what do you think would go good with the tortellini?? I can't remember what I usually serve with it! AHH!
    Chicken grilled or Chicken with cheese and red sauce oh what is that called grrr and garlic butter french bread. Real easy you can buy these already made in the freezer section you just put them in the oven for 8-10 min

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

Overnight Salad [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone got a receipt for overnight salad they wish to share. I love that stuff but have no idea how to make it. Thanks

Salad Fingers [ 3 Answers ]

YouTube - Salad Fingers - Episode One This is so gross, watch episode 2 as well, and any others if you think it won't give you nightmares Whoever made these cartoons belongs in an institution lol

View more questions Search