Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    axcheck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Any tricks for growing Sweet Beefsteak Tomatoes?
    I am growing Beefsteak Tomatoes for the very first time this year. :o I have about twelve seedlings now about 2" tall. Can anyone tell me the next step for transplanting and "staking"? I am a real beginner any help will be appreciated. I live in Florida.
    Thank you!

Dawn
    [COLOR]
    JWAV9 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
    I would think 4" pots after they get 6" or so... you can buy tomato stakes at WalMart, HomeDepot, etc. The plant feeds up through the stakes as it grows due to the needed support. Eventually, larger planters will be needed... you could just tranplant into larger pots/ planters... get pesticide for bugs... Neem oil is more natural choice, marigolds assist in resisting bugs, then there are the chemical pesticides. You could add some organic table scraps to the soil or chemical fertilizers. Good luck.
    imafan26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 01:10 PM
    Whenever you transplant either into a larger pot or to the ground, tomatoes like to be buried deep. Take off the lower leaves and plant the lower part of the stem below soil level. Make sure to keep the seedlings fed. Tomatoes are heavy feeders. Seedlings in pots often get purplish looking leaves and stems from insufficient phosphorus. It will improve after fertilization, but any fruit or vegetable seedling must keep growing or they will be stunted and never amount too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tomatoes rotting on bottom [ 9 Answers ]

My tomatoes are rotting on the bottom while still on the vine. Can anyone help?

Growing Tomatoes [ 11 Answers ]

Last summer, my fiancé and I tried to grow some tomatoes and peppers. We were not very successful. Our tomatoes were so tiny. And hardly any peppers bloomed. Are we watering too much? Could it be the type of soil. Last year we had them in containers, this year we are hoping to grow them in...

Ripening green tomatoes inside [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I,have a bunch of green tomatoes that I,want to ripen,someone mentioned wrapping them in newspaper and setting them on a ledge in the sun,any other ideas would be appreciated! Thanks, Gord

Tomatoes for fair skin [ 1 Answers ]

Can tomtatoes be used to make skin fair? Are there any beauty tips that can be done with tomatoes? Please reply if you are skin expert

View more questions Search