Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LEOliveira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Reasons proponentes are for unions and opponents are against union
    Also identify recommendations for management which would improve mgmt/labor relations... and... recomendations for thr labor union to implement which would improve mgmt/labor relations...
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Personally, for the most part I think that unions have outlived their usefulness. When they originated they did so with good intentions and with a real need to establish worker's rights concerning basic issues such as paying a fair wage, limiting work hours and/or providing fair compensation for overtime work. However, virtually all of the things that unions fought for in the early years are now established by statutory law. That said, there is really no need for unions to exist any longer. In response, the unions have gone from being workers organizations to political ones and now pursue their own agendas rather than representing the workers who make up the membership of these unions. I've actually worked for non-union companies that paid higher wages and gave their employees more generous benefits than comparable union companies. So I really don't think that unions do anyone any good anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Labor unions [ 2 Answers ]

Contrast the style of labor unions in the United States to that found in other countries.

Trade unions [ 1 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of trade unions to an employer?

Union and non-Union works [ 2 Answers ]

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Union and non-union works in a Tool and Die industry? :confused:

View more questions Search