Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2005, 04:08 PM
    You just have to try it and see what happens.Stop worrying so much,all she can say is NO. then you'll know to try elsewhere.hint;most women like self-confident men. Good luck. :cool:
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 22, 2005, 09:02 PM
    Just stopping in and spreading the whiz
    First, you CANNOT make the anology of getting rejected for a job, then getting rejected by a girl/guy. A business is rejecting you as a worker, however that girl/guy is rejecting you as love interest, which I consider a little more personal. All of the advice giving here though is great, and it should help you, however when people say it's only rejection they are right, it's just still hard to get over. It seems when you are asking a romantic interest to do something with you, there is this GIGANTIC SUPERSIZED GARGANTUAN WALL just staring you in the face, and you figure why do it if I am most likely going to fall. However that wall is a blessing if you think about how much you will beat yourself up over this if you DON'T ask her. I have a myspace and I have done this before, so I am just going to tell you what I have done. Barely anybody get's letters on myspace, so just send her an invite to a movie, if you don't want to say it's because you like her, just say that your friends are busy one night and that is the night you are free and you would enjoy her company, don't say something around the idea of jumping her bones or else she will notify everyone that you are a creep. Anyway, remember that she isn't better than you, she has the same feelings you do about being rejected, and try to turn down the frequency of the im's, one is good, one every few days, something like hey, how is your day. Well, back to my point just email it to her, that way you save rejection right in front of you. And, when you get on the date, I am saying when because I am confident in you, just be yourself, treat her like a friend, not a guy friend and try and 'sac' tap her, lord knows what would happen next, but just act confident and calm and if you screw up or spill ketchup, butter, or any other condiment that might want to ruin your night, just make a joke of it and move on. And if it is only one date, you can at least become friends, and she might help hook u up with another interest of yours.
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Nov 22, 2005, 11:37 PM
    ^^^^^^This kid is good... ^^^^^^^
    someguy222 Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2005, 09:03 AM
    Wizzkid thanks a lot
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2005, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzkid89
    First, you CANNOT make the anology of getting rejected for a job, then getting rejected by a girl/guy. A business is rejecting you as a worker, however that girl/guy is rejecting you as love interest, which I consider a little more personal.
    It is only if you take it personally, which is the worst thing one can do. Frankly, I'd take getting rejected as a worker more personally than I would getting rejected as a love interest. After all, rejecting me as a worker seems to suggest that I'm somehow not competent to reasonably and professionally execute the duties pertinent to the job at hand, assuming of course that I'm reasonably qualified for the job to begin with. Obviously I wouldn't apply for a job as a brain surgeon and would expect to get rejected for such a job since I'm not qualified for that type of work. However, if I applied for a job as an insurance salesman and got rejected, I could potentially take that very personally if I were so inclined. Of course, the idea of taking even a job rejection personally is facetious in that there are typically many more applicants than there are positions available. However, getting rejected as a love interest speaks nothing at all about my competence but is based solely on the whims of the potential love interest which is certainly nothing to take personally. If anything, the person rejecting the potential love interest is the one who potentially has issues, depending on the reasons for such rejection.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 23, 2005, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy222
    i dont have her phone number or cell number. if i ask her for it do u think that she will know im interested or will it just turn into an awkward moment where she doesnt know wat to do? if its the latter, then wat strategies would u use to make it more obvious to her that im interested b4 i ask her?

also, shes been ignoring my IMs the past couple days. i havent come clean and told her i like her yet, so wats up with her? and i know that she is there because when i IM her it says on the bottom *her screen name* is typing.... and then it would just stop.
    Just plain ask her for her number, and if she says 'no', then you've received your first rejection, so what! This, as stated before, will happen more than we all would like to admitt, however it's part of life and what makes us strong. At least that way you can look forward to meeting other young ladies who might just say 'yes' and knock your socks off. You can't expect a positive reaction all the time, and the sooner you learn and get harder skin, the better you will develop. Wishing you lots of Luck, and keep us posted.

Happy Thanksgiving, with or without her...

Nov 23, 2005, 08:35 PM
    Happy thanksgiving to everyone!

She's out of town until the weekend so... yea. Can't really do much.

Nov 25, 2005, 09:06 AM
    Anything else that would be important/helpful to do/say?
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Nov 25, 2005, 09:42 AM
    Who's that girl
    Dude why does it matter what your friends think? When I was 15 I was not as cute as I am now :p but there was this guy who liked me anyway but I was his dirty little secret all because he cared more about what everyone else thought. Meditate on it a little bit then take a deep breath and ask the hot girl out. You are the man with a plan.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2005, 10:03 AM
    I agree with crankie - when you like someone it should not matter what other people think. You should be proud and able to hold your head up high. If you get rejected; you get over it and move on. (there are plenty more girls) If she accepts - bonus.

Either way forget the others concentrate on yourself - it's what you think & feel that counts.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 25, 2005, 10:12 AM
    anything else that would be important/helpful to do/say?
    When you see her and get the chance to talk to her, tell her about the compliments you are thinking about. Be upfront, even if she rejects you at first, she and all girls, will remember you as a kind and caring young man, and get fonder of you for it. Believe me, it's better than 'following the wrong crowd' and doing the 'in' thing being worried about what others say. They after all are not the ones who will benefit from it , you will. The only thing you will have to loose here is not getting to know some nice girls if you keep in the background, so take that first step, we all have to do it. One out of five might reject you, but that will not kill you, honest! So, go for it.
    Buy her a nice box of stationary to write letters, and on the first letter, (even if you do it anonymously) compliment her, and put it on her porch. Later if you see her and she's smiling about something, ask her if she liked the little gesture of yours. Use your imagination! Again, good luck.

Nov 25, 2005, 05:32 PM
    What kind of stuff would you recommend putting and NOT putting in the letter (so I don't get too personal or don't get the point across too dumb-sounding, or not at all)

Nov 25, 2005, 06:21 PM
    Hmm I don't know how to put it without sounding too dorky. Just get her a stationary with a pretty flower or butterfly and tell her that it reminds you of her beautiful face. Don't tell her she's phat or her feet smell like mint or the sight of her makes you sick even if its in a good way.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 26, 2005, 02:33 PM
    wat kinda stuff would u recommend putting and NOT putting in the letter (so i dont get too personal or dont get the point across too dumb-sounding, or not at all)
    If you get her the box of stationary, on the first page, I'd write something like:
    Thought you might like this stationary. It made me think of you when I saw it... The color reminds me of the dress, or shirt you had on one day that looked real good on you, it makes your (hair or eyes) shine, etc. Something short and sweet, like that. You could also ask your mom for advice, she's probably got some good hints to give you. Good Luck.;)

Nov 27, 2005, 01:26 PM
    Would it be better to put it in an email so that a potential finding by her parents would be easier to avoid, because that's always awkward...

Nov 27, 2005, 01:37 PM
    Now see if you had sent something like that to one of my daughters(lets just pretend they aren't 5 and 6 yrs old) then id say well isn't he a nice young man. Get in good with the parents. Some parents monitor their children's email because of the dangerous people out there. I know I would.

Nov 27, 2005, 03:09 PM
    So just like put it in her mail box? Or on her porch or something..

Nov 27, 2005, 07:34 PM
    ?

Nov 27, 2005, 07:48 PM
    Yes yes exactly !

Nov 29, 2005, 12:55 PM
    Are you saying that you want her parents to see it first and then give it to her, or have her get it, and somehow her parents see it? Since most of you are parents, what would you want to read in a note from a guy when your daughter has never had a boyfriend before?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girl help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, how are you? How can I get the girl of my dreams? What does a girl want from a man When you fancie a girl should you tell her that you fancie her. How can you make her fancie you or be intrested in you. If I tell the firl I like her will she be intrested in me or will she ignore me? ...

Help with a girl... [ 5 Answers ]

I have known this girl all year but I have only recently started talking to her she is a very nice girl but my problem is not her its more around her she is mexican I am white and I have a very traditional family that is not really even the major problem I was recently thinking of asking her out...

That Girl [ 7 Answers ]

OK so what if this girl says that she's kind of busy with sport for awhile and doesn't think she's ready for a Bf now. But says she loves talking to me and tells me that I'm nice.what do I do.

Help with a girl [ 10 Answers ]

Just to help you guys out, I will be a freshman in high school next year. I have been on dates with plenty of girls my age and older but none of them are quite like this girl. She however is a year younger than I am and will not yet be in high school. (she looks older than she is and acts more...

Don't know what to do about this girl [ 8 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with this girl at my school. She's really someone special to me, but I just don't know what to do anymore. Here's the situation. There's a girl at my school named Amber, and she is so cool. She's real, she's fun to just be around, and I think she's really cute. We've...

View more questions Search