Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chirs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 07:40 PM
    How long do kittens nurse
    My cats are around 10 weeks old should they be still nuresing?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2007, 07:43 PM
    They should be be weaned by now, but momma knows best. Hopefully you are offering them kitten chow. I am not trying to be nasty, but there are so many reasons to get a cat spayed/neutered, please consider it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 10, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Bushg is right. Offer the kittens some kitten food. Mom Cat will eventually push them away. And please get her spayed. There are millions of unwanted cats and kittens abandoned and homeless all over the world, and especially in the U.S.

(Bushg, clean out your mailbox!! )
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2007, 11:42 AM
    A kitten should stay with its mom for a mininum of 8 weeks and preferably 12 weeks, But they can be weaned at 8 weeks, although they'll continue to nurse if mama lets them.
    Kittens need twice the amount of nutrients as a adult cat, but can't eat nearly as much, so you should get them a "good brand" of kitten food that has extra protein, fat, vitamins and minerals. This will give them the healthy start they need for good health!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My cat had 2 kittens they are 1 day old how long before my cat go's outside [ 7 Answers ]

My cat has just has 2 beautiful kittens she has been with them since she had them but she has come downstairs and seems to want to go outside they are just over 1 day old and both seem fine but I don't want my cat to leave them for to long. I'm not sure if she wanted to go to the litter tray as I...

3 mo old still trying to nurse [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping that somebody can help me. I recently rescued a 2 month old kitten from the pound. I don’t know if he was orphaned, or how long he spent with his mom (but he did have brothers at the pound). He tries to nurse on me (my arm, neck, back), and he tries to nurse from a really...

How long can mother cat nurse kittens [ 6 Answers ]

Could someone please tell me how long a mother cat can nurse kittens. I am feeding a feral cat, and she has had kittens 5 or 6 weeks ago I think. I give her good quality and variety of cat food, and I have also been putting kitten food in the dishes in case the kittens are now able to eat by...

An ob nurse [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone I have a questuin I want to be an ob nurse watching csections and stuff doesn't really bother me but I was wonfering do you have to actually preform any part of the csection or do you just hand the doc whatever they need? And this might sound weird but I seen a lot of c section videos...

Momma cat won't nurse kittens... [ 1 Answers ]

One of my cats had kittens, and she won't feed them. We just discovered them today, and we figure she had them either early yesterday or late the night before. So, they've been at least 24 hours without food. Our other mama kitty is keeping them clean, but she won't feed them. There were 5 kittens,...

View more questions Search