Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taurusss Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Nov 10, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Agatha Christie
    I'm an Agatha Christie fan.. I have almost completed the series of her books.. I just wanted to ask whether you have read any and if you have from all which one have you enjoyed the most?:o
    godiva Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Nov 10, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by taurusss
    im an Agatha Christie fan.. i have almost completed the series of her books.. i just wanted to ask whether you have read any and if you have from all which one have you enjoyed the most?:o
    When I saw the word Agatha I did a double take! I love her books and have 76 of them! She actually wrote a couple under a psuedonym but those are more about interpersonal relationships. Let me see.. It's hard to pick a favorite. I guess anything with Hercule or Jane Marple. I especially like the miss Marple ones. I'm always trying to get people to read them because she really had a way of seeing into the human heart and they're so much more than murder a mystery!
    polly2794 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 02:27 PM

Much more than her mysteries, I enjoyed her memoir:
    AgathaChristie Mallowan, Come, Tell Me How You Live;(Common
    Reader 2000) 1946.
    Christie's second husband, Max Mallowan, is 14 years her junior and an archeologist who can quietly take things in hand, even religious battles among muslims and kurds
    Working on his Tell. They pack up trunks of books for their trips. Agatha accompanies him many years, lives in both primitive conditions and houses constructed for their convenience, manned by an interesting assortment of servants. They call their oversized, top-heavy lorry “Queen Mary,” their small sedan “Poilu“--the two vehicles truly
    Characters that can determine the course of events, choosing or not to go through wadis, break down, refuse to start.
    Agatha can take you to Syria of the late thirties with the fewest descriptive sentences; her exclamation points tell even more. Oh, can she be droll. I loved it because, as she says in her Epilogue, "it is good to remember that there were such days and such places." Agatha Chsristie is one of my favorite "unmet persons." :)
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2008, 10:04 AM
    I loved the Tommy/Tuppence Beresford books. The Man in the Brown Suit, N or M? and By the Pricking of My Thumbs.

Also, I loved The Secret of Chimneys and The Clocks (not sure if that is the title, but the characters are the same as Chimneys)

As much as I love Poirot and Marple, Agatha Christie's "other characters" were always my favorite. I have read every one of her books... many times over! :)
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Jan 19, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Love Agatha Chritie, especially Hercule Poirot. Incredibly brilliant and not so modest. Love One Two Buckle my shoe where Poirot is made to wait at his Dentist's place whereupon he exclaims "Dr. Morley is a good dentist, but there are other good dentists too. There is only one Poirot!" (or something like that). The Man in the Brown Suit has to be the best. Oh I could go on.
    polly2794 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2008, 11:34 AM
    I came across a copy of Agatha Christie's Curtain (Dodd Mead, 1976), purchased as a gift on 1/12/76, the day of Christie's death. It had been written in '26, to be published on her death, but actually was published a year before her death.
    In a country inn, Hastings stands by his ailing, old friend Hercule Poirot, doing his best to help him end a string of unrelated murders, which HP figures are psychologically caused by a single person. Incredibly, HP himself kills off the instigator just before he passes away.
    I marvel at Agatha Christie's mind-boggling imagination.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 22, 2008, 11:40 AM
    The only one I've read was Ten Little Indians (also called And then There Were None). I loved it, I even got the movie which while in black and white was awesome though a little different thatn the book.
    I always think about the poem when I think about mystery books... it's spooky but not to the point of being a horror book.
    I only wish I had time to read some of the other ones, they're probably just as wonderful!
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Jan 22, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by godiva
    When I saw the word Agatha I did a double take! I love her books and have 76 of them! She actually wrote a couple under a psuedonym but those are more about interpersonal relationships. Let me see.. It's hard to pick a favorite. I guess anything with Hercule or Jane Marple. I especially like the miss Marple ones. I'm always trying to get people to read them because she really had a way of seeing into the human heart and they're so much more than murder a mystery!!
    Mary Westmecott - the pseudonym she used for her romantic novels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search